4 months ago
3 to 7 years
B.Tech. /B.E. /M.Tech. /M.E. (Aerospace/Aeronautical/Mechanical/AME)
The job holder is responsible for the justification of repair solutions from a static stress point of view, on Time, to Cost and to Quality. The job holder will work in close collaboration with design and fatigue colleagues to provide suitable repair solutions. The end customers are Airlines/MROs.
The various activities to perform are:
* Create high quality integrated and certified engineering repair solutions for the airlines and internal customers within the given time scale.
* Carry out Static calculations to assess design solutions using standard hand and computer methods. Further create, compile and co-ordinate engineering documentation to achieve valid technical data for repairs.
* Liaise with Design, Fatigue and other appropriate Airbus departments to come up with optimum design solutions for the airline customer.
* Liaise with Principal and Senior Static Engineers in order to ensure that methods, assumptions, data and procedures reflect on-going developments.
* Ensure, with the relevant technical signature delegation, that the final repair solution brings the aircraft back into an airworthy condition.
* Identify and support local improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through process, methods and tools improvements ensuring alignment with respective European focal points.
* Ensure all tasks and activities required for Repair Engineering are correctly planned, monitored and executed to achieve customer time scales.
* With good communication skills, provide responses for routine repair queries, giving advice and guidance as required within Airbus Operations and Customer Services on repair matters.
* Together with other Repair Design and Fatigue Engineers, be a member of an integrated engineering team, ensuring its strategy, policy and direction is maintained.
Required skills and expertise:
* Hold, be working towards, or have the ability to achieve Level 2 delegated signature (Static stress approval).
* Experience in Static analysis of aircraft structural components.
* Background in design and sizing of Aircraft primary structural components and parts.
* Ability to liaise/negotiate with Design, Fatigue, EU teams and Customer Services.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, set objectives and prioritize to time, cost and quality.
* Technically competent with the principles used to generate compliance data.
* A Team player demonstrating a positive & collaborative attitude.
* Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and adaptability.
* Experience of performing Static justifications of aircraft repair solutions.
* Working knowledge of all Airbus Structures.
* Knowledge of Airbus stress/fatigue manuals and tools.
* Experience in approval procedures (EASA Part 21/CS/JAR/FAR).
* Demonstrated problem solving ability.
Send us your latest CV via the link below.