10 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the primary role of the Repair & Overhaul Engineer is to coordinate, evaluate and resolve engineering related problems encountered in landing gear repair and overhaul.
* Review engineering specifications, orders, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and related information to maintain current knowledge of repair and overhaul methods, procedures, and activities.
* Establish and maintain Engineering Work Instructions and Bills of Material for new and existing programs.
* Work as a Value Stream team member and provide technical support as required.
* Liaise with Quality Control, Material, Production and other department personnel to provide the technical support needed to resolve issues on shop floor.
* Participate in the planning of repair and overhaul methods.
* Interpret engineering drawings and facilitate new drawings or correction of errors on drawings and documents, as identified during repair and overhaul operations.
* Review drawings prepared by other Engineering staff.
* Investigates reports of defective, damaged, or malfunctioning parts, assemblies, equipment, or systems to determine nature and scope of problem.
* Evaluate investigation findings to formulate corrective action plan and coordinate implementation of plan for rework.
* Coordinate, review and submit Salvage Repair Documents (SRDs).
* Liaise with OEM Engineering groups to obtain specialized technical information.
* Prepare Engineering reports as directed by the Manager of Engineering.
* Complete special projects as assigned by the Manager of Engineering.
* Maintain records or oversee recording of information by others to ensure engineering drawings and documents are current and that engineering related production problems and resolutions are documented.
* Other duties may be assigned on an as needed basis.
* Minimum three years of experience in repair and overhaul
* Specific experience with Landing Gear systems.
* Computer experience, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and customers
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
* Experience in a military aerospace environment would be a strong asset.
* Background in materials and processes preferred.
* Previous experience with AutoCAD is desirable.
* Previous SAP experience is a plus.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other comparable STEM discipline.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.