3 months ago
Job ID#: 22267BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Remotely Piloted Aircraft System Specialist - Instructor
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a RPA System Specialist in our Product Life Cycle Sustainment - Products group located in Sabre Springs, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
* This position is responsible for researching, analyzing, developing and documenting detailed requirements for operator, checklists, technical specifications, bulletins, training materials and procedures and reports.
* Investigates and analyzes project requirements and operating problems, and develops recommended solutions to meet Company and Governmental safety and performance standards.
* Participates with project teams to review product systems, functional specifications and operations, to assess and develop needed technical information, and training materials for assigned systems.
* Develops documents, training materials and presentations for customers and management.
* Reads, interprets and analyzes engineering source material such as engineering drawings, software documents, test plans, design specifications/documents, and interviews with technical experts.
* Develops safety procedures as required to support customer and test/operational requirements.
* May evaluate the interrelationship of system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements.
* Responsible to carry out additional functions and other duties as assigned or required.
* Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree and five or more years of professional engineering/military technical and/or documentation experience. Equivalent professional engineering/military technical, operations, and/or maintenance experience may be substituted in lieu of education/training.
* Must have formal training in one or more safety disciplines.
* Must demonstrate an excellent understanding of military and/or commercial systems, a strong working knowledge of the engineering development process, and an understanding of logistic support analysis and principles. Must possess:
* (1) the ability to develop, acquire, interpret and communicate engineering technical data;
* (2) the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them in an evolving environment;
* (3) the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level;
* (4) the ability to identify issues and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex technical problems;
* (5) excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately analyze, document, present and report recommendations; and,
* (6) excellent knowledge of computer operations and applications. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
* Experience in military Instructional Systems Development (ISD), training planning, courseware development and curriculum application.
* Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Sensor Operator instructor experience.
* Lynx Multi-mode RADAR (MMR)/Synthetic Aperture RADAR (SAR) experience
* Claw payload control software experience
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%