4 months ago
Reliability Engineer Stf
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Reliability & Maintainability/Testability Engineer Specialist to provide a sufficient level Engineering knowledge and skills to enable the effective and timely delivery of supportability analysis tasks.
Main activities will include, but not be limited to:
* Undertaking the day to day discharge of R&M Testability Engineering activities.
* Relating Testability knowledge and applicable techniques.
* Utilisation of Reliability Analysis, from both FME(C)A & Safety Analysis.
* Assessing Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Analysis and defining software coverage (BIT) to enable fault identification to be addressed.
* Understanding of the Systems engineering life-cycle.
* Development and Planning of Testability environments.
* Systems Engineering technical process and use of Doors (plus IBM Rhapsody)
* System Architecture Analysis;
* Ability for mapping of functionality onto hardware & software components.
* Ability for mapping of the software architecture onto hardware
* System architecture analysis (e.g. the behavior) between them.
* Knowledge of system Architecture Description Languages (ADLs). MoDAF DoDAF UML SysML
* Knowledge of software reliability modelling.
* Providing Testability input into the Design process.
* Assess Data Recording, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (DRACAS) outputs and corrective actions.
* Maintaining appropriate contact with relevant stakeholders and seek to develop an effective relationship with them during the course of the programme.
* Liaising with supportability Team members to better understand expectations and performance needs.
* Controlling of both planning and budget where appropriate.
* Knowledge of Def Stan 00-40, 00-42, Mil-Hdbk-217
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Educated to HNC/Degree level in a relevant defense/engineering related subject and/or have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
* Significant relevant practical experience of the required aspects of Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Reliability Centred Maintenance Techniques and Analysis as well as the associated activities relating to DRACAS, R&M Case and Safety Analysis.
* Experience should include working with, and understanding the requirements of the generally acknowledged international R&MT standards used in the defense industry.
* Effective communication skills and PC skills are also essential for this role as are good interpersonal skills, and the ability to make sound technical assessments/judgements based on knowledge and experience.
* Self-motivated and able to work as part of an integrated team
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Knowledge of RGT and Armoured Fighting Vehicles
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.