4 months ago
Reliability Engineer, Statistician
Job ID: 459145BR Date posted: Nov. 12, City: Centennial State: ColoradoProgram: FBM-SEIT-ORGANIC
Description:As part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program, this Statistician role will include a wide variety of statistical analyses for Missile, Reentry, and Support Equipment hardware as part of a team within the Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) organization.
As a Reliability Engineer / Statistician, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing reliability models based on series, parallel, and complex models
- Performing statistical analyses using probability, multiple regression, experimental design, survival distributions, piecewise regression, hypothesis testing, and confidence bounds / tolerance limits
- Ascertaining appropriate statistical analysis / methods
- Working with the customer and the customer’s statistical consultant
- Recommending sample sizes based on risk levels
- Report preparation
- Working in a team environment, obtaining inputs from other engineers, performing analyses, and creating presentations / reports
- Interacting with engineers, suppliers, quality, production operations, program managers, customers, and customer consultants
- Being self-motivated, self-driven, and able to multitask as needed, and be able to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
There may be some travel.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a STEM field
- Strong understanding of statistical software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, R, etc.)
- Strong technical writing skills for the preparation of plans and reports, and strong verbal communication skills for customer meetings and presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed
- US Citizenship and the ability obtain a Secret Clearance
- Master of Science degree in Statistics
- 5+ years' experience as a Statistician
- Missile/aerospace related experience
- Probability, mathematical modelling, statistical concepts and applications
- Experience with a diversity of complex systems
- Knowledge of product test, environmental and reliability testing or manufacturing engineering
- Systems engineering and production / support equipment design
- Requirements development, system design, problem analysis and resolution, and integration and test
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Analytical thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems, and solid attention to detail; effective analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy and within requested timelines
- Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First