about 1 month ago
Reliability Engineer, Senior Staff
Job ID: 476608BR Date posted: Apr. 09, City: Huntsville, Orlando State: Alabama, FloridaProgram: Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW)
Description:Your invitation to a bright future!
Come be a part of the development of the new Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW). This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment of the weapon system. Join the Lockheed Martin team and be a part of the company that has developed and flown more hypersonic vehicles than any other U.S. Company and has decades of hypersonic development and flight test experience from government contracts as well as internal investments in research and development projects.
As a HCSW Reliability and Maintainability Engineer at Lockheed Martin, you can contribute to the critical defense of our country! This is an opportunity to grow your skills and develop a cohesive R&M Engineering Team. Drawing upon your technical knowledge you will help your team to overcome technical challenges with your internal team and customer counterparts as you enable the development, qualification, and deployment of the entire hypersonic weapon system.
The HCSW program Reliability Engineer works within an integrated product development environment along with many engineering disciplines to ensure that HCSW product designs meet customer reliability, built in test (BIT), availability, service life and reliability growth requirements.
You will support efforts in the areas of reliability, maintainability, availability, testability and reliability growth providing reliability allocations, reliability analysis, BIT analysis, failure modes and effects analysis (FMECA), reliability critical items, reliability growth planning and FRACAS.
Your responsibilities will include application, maintenance and execution of the R&M program plan per the customer requirements.
As a Staff Reliability Engineer, you will support the System Engineering (SE) Special Disciplines Organization in one or more of the following areas:
• Reliability and/or Anomaly Detection & Resolution (ADR) / Fault Management.
• Work along with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) in various disciplines, performing analyses at all levels of the total system product over its life cycle to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Familiarity working with Statements of Work (SOW) and System Specifications will be essential to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Perform or assist in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
• Perform detailed trade studies and requirements allocation and interface definition studies in their discipline to translate customer requirements into hardware and/or software specifications
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Aerospace) or Physics, or a closely related technical degree
• An active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS
• Significant Reliability Engineering Experience in many of the following (more will be considered better):
a) Working with and maintaining Reliability related program plans
b) Reliability Predictions and Analysis
d) Reliability Critical Items List
e) Availability Predictions and Analysis
f) Maintainability Analysis and Predictions
h) Service life / Design life / Storage life / Operating Life analysis
i) Reliability Growth Planning and Implementation
k) Provide Logistics analysis Inputs
l) Working knowledge and conversant in Reliability HDBKS and Standards (i.e.; MIL-HDBK-217, Milt-STD-1629, MIL-STD-1543, MIL-HDBK-338, MIL-HDBK-472)
m) Familiarity working with a Statement of Work (SOW) and System Specifications to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Experience with Missile Systems (or equivalent)
• Complete competency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Active Top Secret clearance
• US Born citizen and ability to pass additional internal security qualifications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering Clearance Level: Secret requiring an investigation within the last 5 years Type: Task Order/IDIQ Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First