4 months ago
Job ID: 457995BR Date posted: Oct. 30, City: Centennial State: ColoradoProgram: FBM-SEIT-ORGANIC
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program, the Reliability Engineer role will include a wide variety of reliability engineering tasks and activities for Missile, Reentry, and Support Equipment hardware as part of a team within the Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) organization, with a primary focus on structural, mechanical, and ordnance assemblies. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing reliability predictions using approved prediction methodologies for mechanical/ordnance components, systems, and support equipment
- Performing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), at the piece-part, interface, and system level
- Supporting design reviews as required and presenting reliability results to management and customer
- Reviewing and approving engineering drawing changes from a reliability focus
- Supporting failure investigation teams and developing reliability assessments based on root cause of flight and ground test failures
- Performing system level severity / consequence assessments for test program trends and failures
As a Reliability Engineer, you will spend much of your time working in a team environment, obtaining inputs from other engineers, performing analyses, and creating presentations / reports. There may be some travel. You will interact with engineers, suppliers, quality, production operations, program managers, customers, and customer consultants. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, self-driven, can multitask as needed, and be able to work in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Aerospace) or related technical field
- Reliability principles, practices, and understanding of root cause analysis
- Reliability prediction calculations in accordance with industry standards (e.g. Structural reliability analysis techniques, NPRD, MIL-HDBK-217, empirical test data, etc.)
- FMEA/FMECA process
- Analytical thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems with strict attention to detail; effective analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy and within requested timelines
- Ability to evaluate system level impacts from component level data
- Strong technical writing skills for the preparation of engineering memorandums and reports, and good verbal communication skills for customer presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- 5+ years of experience in a structural, mechanical, or ordnance-oriented Reliability Engineering field
- Missile/aerospace related background or experience
- Knowledge and experience with probability, statistical concepts, and mathematical modelling
- Mechanical modelling and simulation tools
- General knowledge or experience with electrical circuit analysis and schematics
- Experience with a diversity of complex mechanical or ordnance systems
- Knowledge of product test, environmental and reliability testing or manufacturing engineering.
- Systems engineering and production / support equipment design
- Requirements development, system design, problem analysis and resolution, and integration and test
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
- Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First