8 months ago
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
We currently have an opening for a Reliability Engineer to join the team in our Engineering department based at the Brisbane Hangar.
The role of Reliability Engineer is to ensure regulatory compliance by assessing the effectiveness of the Approved Maintenance Program of our aircraft fleet through analysis of systems and components reliability.
Other typical duties will include:
* Analysis of reliability of aircraft, systems, components, and equipment
* Reporting trends and using your technical knowledge and resourcefulness to suggest corrective actions
* Ensuring integrity of the reliability data
* Providing technical analysis to optimise system reliability
We are looking for a candidate who has knowledge of aircraft engineering systems and components along with a strong analytical ability. You will also demonstrate:
* Previous experience in a Reliability and / or Maintenance role
* A thorough understanding of Reliability Centred Maintenance Concepts and the associated regulatory requirements
* Focus on continuous improvement
* Advanced Excel skills, imperative for success in this role
* Advanced computing, data entry and analysis skills, ideally TRAX
* A Trade or professional Engineering qualification
What you’ll get from us:
Apart from joining an airline with an exemplary safety record and ongoing excellence in on time performance, you can expect:
* Award winning airline – Join Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
* Diverse career paths and career development
* Great domestic and international flight benefits for you, your family and your friends
* Industry benefits – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it
If you are a collaborative, team focused individual with a passion for Aviation and are looking for a challenging role, then apply now!
For more information, please read the below position description.