6 months ago
Regional Sales Manager, Western Region
In conjunction with the Sales Director, determines sales territory strategy and qualifies potential prospects.
- Conducts sales calls & visits, provides product support, and performs other sales and marketing functions as needed. Coordinates sales effort with the sector team(s) and relevant Business Unit personnel.
- Establishes, maintains and develops business relationships with customers and potential customers to optimize customer base profit including a ability to identify Stakeholders, Decision makers and Implementers at assigned customers
- Willingness to engage with Customer and take lead in the resolution of accounts receivable issues
- Provides feedback to Operations and the sector team to assist with qualification of customer needs and the organization’s ability to serve those needs.
- Coordinates and manages the relationship between the organization and the approved intermediary of the company if required. Responsible for developing the skills of and keeping the intermediary up-to-date on technical matters and corporate policy.
- Participates in S&OP process by providing forecasted inputs per top customers for the next several months
- Responds promptly to inquiries and provides proposals or options for service and/or sales required to meet customers’ needs.
- Expedites and engages in the resolution of customer problems/complaints.
- Maintains the MS Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Attends industry trade shows, sales meetings, marketing workshops and other special events as required.
- Hosts and coordinates customer visits.
- Provides management with oral and written reports on customer needs, concerns, interests, market situation, competitive activities and potential for new products and/or services.
- Completes administrative duties within established time guidelines ie. IOI’s, T&L reports, responses to Customer inquiries
- Manages transactional costs by applying a thorough knowledge of market segment cost drivers.
- Keeps abreast of products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services.
- Contributes to the development of strategic business plans and marketing initiatives and to the preparation of sales forecasts, budgets, quotes and other projections.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
Self Motivated, Self starter
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
- Thorough engine component repair product knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office product suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and CRM systems.
- Thorough knowledge of engine component repair processes and of the levers available to various functional groups to maximize sales, service and margin.
- College diploma in business administration or engineering technology; or equivalent.
- Several years of sales experience in an aerospace, aero derivative or energy markets.
- Strong background preferred in legacy Pratt, Rolls-Royce, IAE, Aero Derivative and/or Energy engine component repair platforms
- Up to 60% travel required