8 months ago
Airbus is looking for a Regional Safety Director (RSD) in the South Asia Region. The mission of the RSD is to be Airbus’ eyes, ears and voice in the SA region.
RSD activities include:
* Maintaining and further developing existing relations with DGCA India, Indian Air Carriers, other Services Providers and Indian Industry Stakeholders,
* Identifying and reporting potential safety issues,
* Contributing, together with the Toulouse team, on the definition of appropriate mitigation plans to address said safety issues,
* Supporting and promoting the development/enhancement of a good safety culture in India with key focus on Indian Air Carriers, consistently with SMS spirit.
* Creating and maintaining the conditions to ensure Airbus can participate in official accident investigations in case of an Airbus aircraft accident occurring in India,
* Supporting sales campaigns in India when safety matters are on the agenda.
These activities are conducted as part of the Global Regional Airbus Safety Programmes (GRASP), the objectives of which are to contribute to identifying safety issues relevant to the Air Transport System (ATS) regional environment and then, to support local initiatives which aim at developing and implementing appropriate mitigation programmes, with a strong but non-exclusive focus on:
* Operators: SMS, Flight Operations, Maintenance and Engineering, Training,
* NAA: SSP and Oversight System (mainly OPS, AIR, PEL, AGA),
* ANS: ATM and PBN aspects.
For this job, we are looking at the following skills:
* Extensive working experience in aeronautical business in India. Having held management position in an Indian airline is highly desirable,
* Knowledge of the Indian Air Transport System: operators, authorities, international organisms,
* Knowledge of Airbus commercial aircrafts products,
* Extensive experience in airline’s safety and/or Flight Operations and / or Maintenance department,
* Sound knowledge of all dimensions for operators’ safe operation,
* Understanding and capacity to anticipate aviation threats,
* Knowledge of risk management techniques,
* Ability to take decisions,
* Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
The plan is to start with India and then progressively to expand beyond Indian Territory to include: Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Maldives.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org