The Regional QHSE manager acts as a safety champion and provides support and guidance to the General Managers (GM) of the region in all aspects of Quality, Safety, Health and Environment. The Regional QHSE Manager also supports and provides guidance to the stations within their region to achieve the QHSE objectives, to develop the desired QHSE culture and to continuously improve our QHSE performance towards our goal of Zero incidents and Zero waste.
The Regional QHSE Manager is part of the UK&I QHSE Team and reports directly to the QHSE Director of Swissport UK & Ireland. This role will work closely with the UK&I QHSE Team collaboratively to develop the QHSE culture in the UK &I, builds and maintains the skills within the QHSE network, implements global and regional QHSE initiatives and coordinates QHSE activities within the region. Furthermore, the Regional QHSE Manager ensures implementation, adherence and audit of the Swissport Quality and Safety Management system (QMS / SMS) and provides regular reports and reviews to the operational management.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
QHSE Business Partnering:
· Proactively business partner with the regional GM and the operational management in the airports / stations with regards to QHSE related topics.
· Be the regional point of contact and reference for QHSE for all Swissport managers in the respective region.
· Lead, drive and continuously improve Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental measures and KPI’s related to people, equipment, facilities and aircraft involved in the operation.
· Ensure the region operates with the “Just Culture” as part of its core values.· Deliver regular QHSE performance reports to management.
Change Agent & Continuous Improvement:
· Change agent, coach and advisor for the local management team.
· Drive continuous improvement in the areas of QHSE.
· Lead by example and continuously manage and coordinate QHSE improvement and compliance within the region by leading the cultural change to a Zero Incident and Zero Waste mind-set.
· Build a sustainable QHSE commitment, awareness, knowledge, behaviours and engagement of the regional management and employees.
· Ensure the highest levels of qualification, skills and key competencies (audits, investigation, risk analysis, reporting, communication, training, coaching and prevention) are provided for the QHSE management team within the region and identify improvement areas to accelerate the implementation of the Zero incident and Zero waste mind-set.
· Plan, prepare and conduct internal safety audits in Swissport operational organisations and initiate / monitor corrective actions based on audit findings and occurrence investigations
· Initiate and/or carry out investigations on occurrences if applicable
· Ensure the establishment and maintenance of an operational risk register and the legal surveillance per country.
· Enhance experience sharing by promoting exchange of resources and support.· Assure participation in global expert groups.
Leadership and Stakeholder Management:
· Lead, guide, evaluate, and develop a high-performing team to ensure that the organization achieves its business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws
· Effectively communicate with all levels of the business and align the organisation towards a common goal and vision (ability to create followership).
· Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all key stakeholders (customer airline’s management, airport management, customs, immigration, unions etc.) to meet business targets.
· Ensure alignment with Swissport’s global Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental values and strategies.· Provide guidance and develop the QHSE management team.
Quality Focus and Compliance:
· Align with the global QHSE strategy and support the local management in developing the regional QHSE strategic roadmap, drive action plan and objectives.· Ensure comprehensive and efficient implementation of Swissport’s QHSE management system within the region/countries/stations and actively support the development and improvement of the Swissport Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Management System as part of the Swissport Formula.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Achievement of the Lagging and Leading QSHE indicators
· Assurance and Compliance certifications· Implementation of the Swissport Global Management System
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree or equivalent, advanced degree in related field or professional certifications are advantageous.
- Industry Certification: such as certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist; NEBOSH diploma or equivalent in safety management.
- Registered with IOSH for GradIOSH, CMIOSH or CFIOSH or equivalent is preferred.
- 5 -8 years of experience in a senior management role of multi sites in QHSE, preferably in the aviation industry.
- Successful experience in implementing ISO/OHSAS management system. Certified auditor, desirable.
- Knowledge of region / country specific laws and industry regulations related to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment.
- Proven track record in the implementation of QHSE systems, processes and behavioural based safety programs.
- Operational and general compliance orientation.
- Experience in risk assessments, accident/incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Willingness to travel extensively within and without the geographic region (about 50-60%).
- Fluent command of English as the corporate language, other language is a plus.
- Strong strategic skills and commercial acumen combined with the ability to motivate teams to deliver high quality standards
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional, internal and external work relationships with all stakeholders and interest groups
- Team focused management style that fits into a fast-paced, entrepreneurial innovative environment
- Strong oral and written communications and ability to communicate and motivate at all levels
- A sense of urgency and a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order