8 months ago
Reporting to Africa Regional Director of Airport, Passenger, Cargo, and Security (APCS), the regional manager will be responsible for all regional activities, initiatives, and targets related to passenger, airport operations and
security/facilitation, following the guidelines from the regional director, and working hand in hand with Country Managers, local and regional associations, and global APCS teams. The focus will be to work with governments, airports, member airlines, service providers, and airport concessionaries to achieve cost reductions, operational efficiencies, and seamless travel experience.
* Lead the regional work in passenger, airport operations and security/facilitation and developing the regional strategies and priorities based on the global guidelines and the regional needs and realities.
* Work closely with the Africa Area Managers and AME RLT, and in coordination and alignment with central APCS teams, towards achieving set regional targets, through:
* Promoting and delivering IATA Passenger, airport operations and security/facilitation related policies, positions, objectives, projects, amongst airlines, governments, local and regional organizations, and other concerned industry stakeholders, such as Fast Travel, Passenger Facilitation, Smart Security, One Stop Security, Cyber Security, Conflict Zones, Data Sharing, and other initiatives .
* Proactive and/or reactive engagements with authorities and providers to ensure that security related regulations and requirements are in compliance with IATA, ICAO, and industry recommended best practices, such as Advanced Passenger & Cargo Information, PNR Information. And ensure these regulatory requirements are rolled-out with transparency and consultancy with the member airlines, without unnecessary financial or administrative burdens to them.
* Building and maintaining an effective regional stake holder’s network and partnerships with airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities, regulators, governments, and regional associations, and ensure their alignment with and support for IATA lobbying and advocacy endeavors.
* Planning and delivering IATA advocacy campaigns and engagements aiming to have a more favorable regulatory environment in accordance to IATA, ICAO, and industry’s best practices and recommendations.
* Providing Subject Matter Expertise and Project Management support to the regional internal and/or external stake holders.
* Representing IATA in internal and external workshops, seminars, and events aiming towards educating key regional industry stake holders and public opinions.
* To support IATA campaigns on Airport Development, Charges, & Fuel.
* Support achieving IATA revenue generating targets through promotion of IATA APCS products and services and creating leads for the commercial team.
To provide timely reports to Africa APCS Regional Director
Qualifications and Skills
* University degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Economics; suitable experience may be considered in lieu of professional qualification;
* Minimum of 5 years working experience in aviation security and passenger and airport operations.
* Highly motivated with proven team work abilities;
* A self-starter approach with ability to proactively engage with stakeholders and progress work goals;
* Excellent communication skills with ability to influence senior stakeholder with diplomacy;
* Experience in making clear presentations and preparing reports based on technical merits and facts;
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and
* Fluent in both written and spoken English and French languages. Other languages would be an asset.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.