5 months ago
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
The Receiving Inspector performs continuous, repetitive visual inspection involving gages or visual attributes against standards, generally picking up a piece of a part or parts and gages and visually inspecting using various measuring tools. Working under the direction of the Metrology and Supplier Quality Engineering Manager the Receiving Inspector must be cleared as Employee Possessor by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, as required by the Safe Explosives Act.
Kaman Fuzing & Precision Products
6655 E. Colonial Drive
Requisition Number: 7755
Department: Quality R/I
Location: Orlando, FL
Relocation Assistance: N/A Grade: 06B
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Return passed pieces to lot and segregates questionable material.May pack parts in cartons or trays after inspection.
* Inform Supervisor when piece parts do not conform to specifications.Enter non-conformance on electronic database.
* Maintain piece counts and accurately document the results of the inspection and testing.
* Perform functional tests.Also compression and extension test.
* Inspect parts using comparators and a variety of gages and micrometers and standard inspection equipment per inspection instructions.
* Enter inspection results on inspection forms and electronic database.Understand and use MIL Standards (MIL-STD-105, MIL-STD-1916) in performing inspection of product samples for the acceptance/rejection of material.
* Use automated test equipment
* Operate CMM to perform inspection of parts.
* Inspect electronic components using specialized test equipment.
* Review certification/conformance package against the requirements and identify nonconforming areas and report discrepancies.
* Knowledge of TIPQA System.
* Inspect soldering of external parts to application standards for acceptance.
* Monitor critical equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration.
* Perform review of device history records and other documentation for compliance to established procedures and good document practices.
* Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely manner.
* High school diploma and basic computer skills required.
* Must be able to perform basic math and read and comprehend verbal and written instructions.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.