4 months ago
6 to 10 years
B.Tech. /B.E. /M.Tech. /M.E. (Aerospace/Aeronautical/Mechanical/AME)
The job holder will work in close collaboration with a stress colleague to create, assess and provide a suitable repair solution. The end customers are Airlines/MRO.
The various activities to perform are:
* Create high quality integrated and certified engineering repair solutions for the airlines and internal customers within the given time.
* Carry out assessments of a given damage scenario creating design solutions using standard hand and computer methods. Also interrogate drawing systems, raising and co-ordination of documentation.
* Liaise with Stress, Fatigue & Damage Tolerance and other appropriate Airbus departments to come up with optimum design solutions for the airline customer and to define maintenance programs.
* Liaise with Senior Design Engineers in order to ensure that methods, assumptions, data and procedures reflect on-going developments.
* Identify and support local improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through process, methods and tools improvements ensuring alignment with respective European focal points.
* Ensure with its technical signature delegation, that final repair brings the aircraft back into an airworthy condition.
* Ensure all tasks and activities required for Repair Engineering are correctly planned, monitored and executed to achieve customer time scales.
* With good customer skills, provide responses for routine repairs queries, giving advice and guidance as required within Airbus Operations and Customer Services on repair matters.
* Together with the Repair Stress Engineers, be a member of an integrated engineering team, ensuring its strategy, policy and direction is maintained.
Required skills and expertise:
* Hold, be working towards, or have the ability to achieve Level 2 delegated design signature.
* Background in design and sizing of Aircraft primary structure components and parts.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, set objectives and prioritize to time, cost and quality.
* An understanding of the fundamental method of design philosophies and an ability to develop these methods.
* Ability to liaise/negotiate with Design/Production, Customer Services and risk sharing partners.
* Knowledge of aircraft design principles and production requirements.
* A Team player demonstrating a positive & collaborative attitude.
* Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and adaptable.
* Aeronautical Engineering background.
* Experience of performing Aircraft repair solutions.
* Worked on Aircraft structure on Airbus products.
* Worked on Airbus design tools such as CATIA.
* Experience in approval procedures (EASA Part 21/CS/JAR/FAR).
* Demonstrated problem solving ability.
Send us your latest CV via the link below.