4 months ago
Materials and Processes Engineer – Interior Materials
Within the scope of the Materials & Processes (M&P) Engineering, the job holder will contribute towards the global effort to design, develop & qualify materials and related manufacturing processes along the Aircraft lifecycle.
The jobholder will contribute to the Interiors Materials & Seals Technology on qualification activities by analysing the need for qualification, preparing the project plan including test plan, procedures, managing the suppliers, labs and analysing the test results, preparing the compliance sheet and standards for Elastomers, Polymeric materials (Thermoplastics and Thermosetting composites) and Structural seals used in all Airbus programs.
The detailed responsibilities will be:
* Ensure qualification of interior materials & components, structural seals according to airworthiness and Airbus requirements.
* Developing and integrating innovative eco-efficient materials and associated technologies in a world-wide partnership.
* Analyse the technical requirements for new materials, seals, aircraft cabin interior composite / thermoplastic parts and relevant manufacturing processes
* Participate in design reviews and provide material expertise
* Manage the qualification project (as a Qualification Project Leader)
* Coordinate with labs and manage the tests (manufacturers/suppliers interface)
* Perform test results analysis, prepare Qualification Test Report & Compliance sheet
* Prepare and publish Standards for qualified materials and processes
* Support A/C certification, Manufacturing plants, Aircrafts in-service.
* Technical documents dealing with qualification of materials, standards, manufacturing processes, inspection and test methods, selection of materials and processes
* Support business operation queries by providing technical expertise
Required Domain Expertise:
* Graduate/Post Graduate Engineer (Polymer/Chemical/Rubber/Mechanical/Materials Engineering) with experience on manufacturing and testing of materials.
* Aircraft industry experience is an advantage.
3 – 4 yrs.
Required Technical Expertise:
* Experience in polymeric compounds, thermoplastic parts and seals manufacturing and testing.
* Good knowledge on elastomers, polymers and interior composites.
* Knowledge of surface technology is an advantage.
* Experience in material & component testing.
* Knowledge of international test protocols, standards for materials testing.
* Communication skills at negotiation level in English.
Send us your latest CV via the link below.