4 months ago
The part you’ll play
To act as the responsible agent, in charge of a Ramp Team; you will be responsible for coordinating and assigning staff and resources to fulfil our service standards expected by our Customer Airlines. You will ensure that our ground handling is delivered safely, on time and consistently, within the constraints of the Aircraft Ground Operating Manual (AGOM). To influence, facilitate, the consistent delivery of a “World Class” product, to our airline Customers.
* To safely consistently deliver the highest possible level of customer service at all times.
* Leading by example and taking responsibility and accountability of a Ramp Team.
* Maintaining effective communications with Line Management, the dispatcher and your team.
* To ensure equipment checks are carried out on stand before each turn round.
* To always follow all processes involved in Triple A Regulations.
* To be on stand in plenty of time for all turnarounds and to ensure the team are briefed on all safety requirements, and where this isn’t possible, communicate the reason to line management.
* Must be pro-active in all areas by forward planning and taking responsibility for the job in hand which includes team briefings.
* Carry out a FOD inspection on the stand and our vehicles pre and post turn round.
* To ensure that none of the staff members approach the A/C until engines are spooled down, anti-collision lights are off, and chocks are in place. Staff should be at the head of stand until they are given the thumbs up by the Lead Agent or Dispatcher.
* Ensure that all holds are checked before loading and that H1 remains open for the duration of the turn round.
* When placing the baggage onto the Aircraft the Bag tags are checked for (date, flight number, destination, that the sticker has been removed from each bag tag and that they are counted onto the aircraft).
* Commenting any discrepancy/safety issues to the dispatcher who’ll record them on the dispatch report card and request a GSR (Ground Safety Report/MORSE) is raised.
* Never load without a LIRF and always ensure that the A/C is loaded in accordance with LIRF and sign off with clearance from the TCO, highlighting any deviations.
* To ensure that ALL hold nettings are secured before door closure/departure.
* To ensure that you and your team handle all bags with care and all last minute bags are reconciled and communicated to the dispatcher before door closure.
* To ensure that our ground handling is delivered safely, on time and consistently, within the constraints of the Aircraft Ground Operating Manual (AGOM).
* To ensure that the belt loader stays on the A/C until given the thumbs up to remove by the TCO.
* To maximise the utilisation of staff on all turns not just the one you’re on. (Help each other out)
* Promote a professional image at all times applying the Company Uniform Standards
* To understand and operate all equipment effectively and correctly and in line with the relevant training given
* Ensure the team report all GSE defects.
* Safeguard the health, safety and welfare of staff, customers and other visitors as required in full compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy
* Any other reasonable duty as requested by Duty managers, Assistant Managers and Dispatchers.
What you’ll need to bring:
* Demonstrable experience working as a Ramp Agent with a thorough knowledge of ground handling operations, aviation security, safety practices, legislation and customer supplier relationships.
* Well organised with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, able to work on their own initiative to specific deadlines, have the ability to recognise and deal with challenges promptly and efficiently.
* Demonstrate ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
* Ability to work within a pressured environment.
* Must be flexible to adapt to changing demands.
* Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
Please apply via the Apply button