We are currently recruiting for Ramp Services Agents based in Dublin Airport. These are permanent part time positions available from immediately. The starting rate is €10.51 per hour and you will be guaranteed a minimum of 30 hours per week for the summer months and a minimum of 20 hours for the winter months with overtime readily available. Hours & shift times are flexible to suit both parties.
You must be able to obtain an Airport Airside ID - by providing a full 5 year background check and Police clearance.
Full Clean driver license required
What can we offer you?
- Fully paid Induction Training – classroom and practical.
- Airport ID provided including Garda Vetting
- On-site car parking facilities at Dublin Airport provided.
- Full uniform & PPE provided
- Staff discounts for shopping at The Loop, Dublin Airport & local businesses
- Access to our Pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Strong career progression
- Competitive overtime rates
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25days (pro-rated)
To provide all necessary and required under-wing ground support services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to loading and unloading baggage and cargo, marshalling, water and lavatory servicing.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, air stairs, aircraft de-icing units, baggage carts, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft
- Service aircraft water and lavatories
- Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Previous ramp experience a plus but not essential
- Valid driver's license
- Good communication skills
- Language skills
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Excellent Health & Safety awareness
- Lift heavy objects that could reach 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.