4 months ago
The part you’ll play
To lead a ramp team by example, ensuring rigorous standards of Health & Safety and delivering consistent high performance within the constraints of service level agreements and implement a continuous improvement programme for your team. Maintain control and accountability for the operation on a shift basis.
* Manage effective measurement systems to monitor the performance of your team.
* Ensure all people management processes are carried out in line with current company policy.
* Ensure communications within the department are effective and consistent.
* Conducting probationary reviews, coaching and developing staff through regular appraisals in line with Company policies and Procedures.
* Ensure appropriate and accurate reporting of all accidents and incidents incurred whilst on duty via MORSE.
* Ensure that all staff fully understand that safety is the number one priority for the company.
* Create and sustain a safe working environment and culture. Ensure all staff comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and revisions.
* Continually challenge existing practices to create improvements in all areas.
* Deliver regular team briefings.
* Ensure that all staff are fully trained in line with our Airline operating procedures and comply with directives set by both DfT and CAA.
* Ensure that all staff are fully updated and informed of all operational issues, company updates and station operational notices.
* Manage any day to day operational incidents – disruption management.
* To ensure continuous reduction in overtime costs.
* Ensuring that daily audits take place in all areas of the operation including but not limited to: Aircraft turnaround, Service Level Agreements, Safety/equipment, Uniform standards.
* Any other reasonable duty as requested.
What you’ll need to bring:
* A minimum of 2 year’s supervisory experience in a Ramp role.
* Ability to utilise planned resource to the full benefit of the airside operation.
* Possess excellent supervisory, leadership, communication and people skills.
* Ability to drive through policies and procedures and represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
* A good working knowledge of Airlines and Airport Authorities.
* Ability to communicate successfully at all levels, whilst leading and motivating a growing workforce.
* A track record of delivering against key performance targets.
* Knowledge and competency of Microsoft Packages e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Must be flexible.
* Be able to demonstrate effective time management.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
Please apply via the Apply button