3 months ago
The part you’ll play
Reporting to the Duty Manager(s), the job holder is responsible for assisting the Ramp Management Team in the day to day operational performance, safety, security and customer satisfaction of the product thorough effective support and management of the Ramp Team.
* Responsible for assisting the Duty Manager(s) with operational performance, safety, security and customer satisfaction through effective support and management.
* Provide act up cover for the Duty Manager(s).
* Must be capable of standing in for the Allocator position should it be required; within 12months of accepting the role.
* Assist the Duty Manager with operational incidents and disruption management.
* Ensure all staff fully understand safety is their number one priority in line with the Company’s core values.
* Ensuring staff are working to the safety and security standards set within the Menzies Health & Safety Manual, Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and its revisions, international/national aviation standards and airport byelaws.
* Promote and actively encourage a safety culture, ensuring the accurate reporting of all accidents and incidents whilst on shift via MORSE and closing them accordingly.
* Promote company values (S.P.I.R.I.T) on the ramp.
* Ensure all staff on shift are fully updated and notified of operational issues, information bulletins, Company updates, and station operational notices.
* Ensure staff are compliant with the equipment defect reporting process and carry out their ‘before use’ checks.
* Support the GSE Team with their daily vehicle checks by making items available for inspection.
* Liaise with the Training Department, communicating issues to the appropriate person where staff are not fully trained in line with our airline operating procedures, Menzies AGOM and directives set by both DfT and CAA.
* Qualified or the ability to learn required ground handling ramp duties within the department’s activities in no more than 12months.
* Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times.
* Ensure uniform standards are maintained at all times.
* Ensure housekeeping is maintained in all areas, including vehicles, offices and crew rooms etc.
* Ensure SMART Audits are performed (daily) and staff have been briefed on their failures, all corrective actions (CARs) have been completed.
* Any other reasonable request and duties.
What you’ll need to bring:
* Operational management/supervisory experience.
* Experience and knowledge of aviation services, particularly Ramp Handling operations and customer SLA’s.
* Ability to communicate successfully at all levels, whilst leading and motivating a growing workforce.
* Excellent leadership and people management skills.
* Strong communications skills and experience in liaising with senior airline, airport, and other stakeholder personnel.
* Proficient working knowledge of Ramp GSE.
* Aptitude to develop the departmental management team, succession planning and re-engineer business processes as demanded by changes in the business.
* Developed communication and diplomacy skills used to direct/persuade/influence others.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
Please apply via the Apply button