3 months ago
ATS is an international airline service provider located in more than 40 locations within Canada and the United States. We provide ramp services, fuelling, passenger service, aircraft grooming, and facilities management service to more than 40 airlines and airport authorities. We have more than 2,100 aviation professionals that provide these services, and we are all committed to providing the highest quality service in the safest environment for both our customers and team members!
Performs ground handling duties around aircraft for airline customers on the ramp.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensures a safe work environment by following all ATS rules and regulations regarding the work place.
· Marshals inbound aircraft into ramp area of assigned gate.
· Unloads passenger baggage, cargo and mail from aircraft bins while plane is parked at the gate on to bag carts.
· Delivers loaded bag carts using tugs to bag room and unloads bag cars on to conveyor belt which will bring the bags to the carousals for passenger pick up.
· Delivers bag carts of mail to airport post office and picks up loaded carts for out going flights.
· Delivers bag carts of cargo to the cargo area and picks up loaded carts for out going flights.
· Services aircraft lavatories.
· Grooms aircraft passenger cabin between flights.
· Services aircraft water tanks to ensure there is enough drinking water on the plane.
· Stocks aircraft with needed supplies for lavatories or galleys.
· Loads bag carts in the bag room with baggage from the ticket counter for outgoing flights and delivers them to aircraft.
· Loads passenger baggage, cargo and mail into aircraft bins while plane is parked at the gate from bag carts.
· Pushes back outbound aircraft out of the gate area.
· Tows aircraft to remote areas at the airport if there are too many aircraft on the ground and not enough gate space.
· Performs FOD walks in the ramp area between flights.
· Ensures necessary ground equipment is available in the ramp area and bag room for upcoming flights.
· Performs assigned administrative duties on a voluntary basis (e.g. GSE fluid inspections and appearance, FOD walks, washing equipment and removing trash from ramp area).
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a clean driver’s abstract.
· Must possess a High school diploma, GED or work experience equivalent
· Must be able to obtain airport security clearance which includes an extensive check of your last 5 years of employment, criminal record and residence history.
· Must be able to lift up to 32 kgs in confined spaces.
· Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
· Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
· Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
· Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
· Some travel required
· Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts
ATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER