3 months ago
R&D Mechanical Engineer Opportunities-19001015
The purpose of this posting is for SWE Virtual Career Fair. Please only apply if you are participating in the virtual career fair. Thank you
Praxair, Inc. is seeking dynamic R&D Mechanical Engineers that would like to join our talented R&D Organization in Tonawanda, NY.
Praxair is a technology-driven, R&D intensive organization with a leading role in all aspects of gas separation, purification and applications technology. The R&D team consists of over 300 scientists, engineers, technologists and business professionals from various cultures and educational backgrounds. With over 4,000 active and pending patents, Praxair provides a creative platform for you to achieve your personal and professional goals.
While continuing work on conventional separation and purification technologies, we also pride ourselves on our applications development which serves various industries such as energy, water, waste water, food, healthcare, metals, metal fabrication and electronics. R&D personnel research, plan and design new application technologies from concept through commercialization that make customer manufacturing facilities more productive, efficient and environmentally compliant. State-of-the-art R&D facilities in Tonawanda, NY provide an extensive infrastructure for exploring emerging technologies.
We are currently looking for Engineers to work in the following areas:
* Machinery Development (compressors, turbines, pumps)
* Materials Development (ceramics, adsorbents, polymeric membranes)
* Combustion and Metals Technology/Fabrication
* Combustion Equipment
* Heat Transfer
* 5+ years of applicable experience
* Exceptional technical skills and the ability to apply those skills in an industrial environment
* Highly creative with initiative and drive
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proven track record of personal accountability and success throughout their academic and professional career
* Willingness to take step-change products and processes from conception through to global commercialization
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (domestic and international)
* A Thesis/Research Based Master’s Degree OR PhD/Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: New York-Tonawanda
Job - Engineering
Unposting Date: Ongoing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.