4 months ago
R & D Engineer
Job ID: 456212BR Date posted: Oct. 09, City: Cherry Hill State: New JerseyProgram: ETL
Description:Do you want to develop the technology that will enable the transformation of next-generation complex systems? The Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is the corporate advanced research organization of Lockheed Martin. The mission of ATL is to develop new technologies and perform applied research that will enhance Lockheed Martin’s competitive edge. This position is for a R&D Engineer in the Trustworthy Autonomous Systems Group in ATL’s Emerging Technology Lab.
Advances in Robotics & Autonomy are poised to have a transformational impact on society – from navigating the depths of the sea to completing highly demanding missions in outer space. We are growing our areas of research to lead future technology advances in verification and validation of high assurance autonomous systems across air, land, and sea.
The R&D Engineer will
• Lead the development of new applied research in trustworthy autonomous systems design, modeling & simulation and systems engineering for both internal and external projects, working in collaboration with all LM business areas, LM ATL colleagues and world-class academic researchers, national labs and other advanced technology organizations.
• Advance the state of the art and develop and demonstrate new technologies in relevant environments - as team lead and as key contributor to project teams
• Stay engaged in the wider research community, understanding emerging trends in technologies to enable development of discriminating capabilities for LM ATL
The selected candidate will also have demonstrable experience performing on R&D projects for complex systems, and will be a highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and experience contributing to successful proposals with U.S. government Science & Technology organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, ONR and AFRL.
Prior to start the selected candidate will have the opportunity to select a flexible 40 hours workweek (Monday - Friday) or a 9/80 flexible workweek (week 1 Monday - Friday 44 hours; week 2 Monday - Thursday 36 hours, Friday off).
• MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related technical disciplines
• Expertise in one or more of the following:Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Formal Methods, Cyber-physical Systems, Control Theory and Systems, Embedded Systems, Hybrid Systems
• At least 3 years of experience leading proposals for and executing on contract R&D programs for U.S. Government Science & Technology organizations, preferably in an R&D or advanced technology environment
• Applied experience with Model Based Systems Engineering, system interface definition, requirements development and management.
• Research experience and/or strong academic concentration (e.g. thesis) in cyber physical systems, formal methods, formal verification, system safety, automated test generation, safety-critical / high assurance systems, hybrid systems
• Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics, or related technical disciplines
• Experience with high fidelity/high performance simulation, machine learning, and AI applied to autonomy and robotics.
• Strong coding skills (C++, Java, python, etc.), experience with CI/CD frameworks for software development, and exposure to functional programming.
• Experience with integration and testing of systems and components
• Experience with requirements compliance assessments, verification and validation
• Strong oral and written communication skills as evidenced by proposals, published articles and presentations at conferences and seminars;
• Excellent interpersonal skills as evidenced by a record of shaping and influencing internal and external stakeholders on projects
• Strong team leadership skills, demonstrated on R&D project teams
• Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0386 ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY LABS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Software Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First