7 months ago
Quotations Engineer – Engineering Services
Salary: Highly competitive
Location: Surrey, South East England
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Aircraft Interiors Engineering
CDG, a Boeing Company
CDG is wholly owned non-integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company. It is a global operation with 1,500 employees in the twelve offices across the UK, India and America. The company specialises in supporting the Aerospace and Defence sector with Aircraft Interior Reconfigurations, Technical Documentation and Engineering Learning Media.
This new role is based within the CDG Aircraft Interior Design Centre in Surrey, Surrey; where we hold EASA and GCAA part 21 Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers that is growing in 2018.
The candidate will be responsible for the creation of the Engineering support package required during the creation of Customer proposals within the aircraft interior modifications industry. You will be interfacing directly with the Engineering, Purchasing, Programme Management, Sales and Contracts teams.
* Working with the Business Development team and Boeing proposal team to review Customer requests for proposal to ascertain whether the request falls within the business’ strategy, experience and capability
* Working with all stakeholders to establish a ‘bid’ or ‘no bid’ decision for proposals
* Compiling comprehensive statements of work and bills of materials
* Establish assumptions and limitations required, based on proposal scope and information available
* Create sketches/LOPA’s in support of the proposal response as required
* Working with departments/specialists to collate/confirm task hours
* Collating all information into the proposal cost sheet and obtaining sign off
* Support tracking of active RFP’s
* Support handover meetings to Programme Management and Customer Kick-off meetings (when needed) to ensure work scope and budgets are clearly communicated
The successful candidate will ideally have a thorough working knowledge of aerospace engineering (mechanical and electrical), in particular aircraft interiors and avionics. An Engineering qualification is essential in addition to organisational and communication skills.
A working knowledge of EASA Part 21J design organisation approval would be beneficial but not essential. This is a fast paced role, requiring the candidate to be able to manage their workload priorities and meet deadlines effectively. An ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management is essential. The candidate must be skilled in MS Office applications, have experience with generating design documentation and proposals, providing cost and schedule estimates.
Minimum Degree and/or at least 5 years' experience in related commercial aircraft interiors design is desired.
Ability to travel for mentoring and/or customer interface, sometimes at short notice. Foreign language skills would be advantageous and should be specified on application.