8 months ago
STS Technical Services is Hiring Quality Supervisors in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin!
The Quality Supervisor’s primary role is to supervise and coordinate union Inspectors and Quality Technician activities to maintain and improve incoming goods inspection, measurement systems, gage calibration system and assist problem solving on the shop floor.
* Supervisor Functions:
* Works with Manager to create and implement development plans as appropriate for staff
* Holds subordinates accountable and addresses poor performance
* Works with Manager to conduct performance reviews in a timely fashion and gives clear and honest feedback
* Management of Resources:
* Plans, manages, and adjusts daily assignments for inspectors
* Provides daily direction to Quality Technicians and sets priorities
* Completes organizational tracking and reporting in an accurate and timely manner
* Provides collaborative communication and guidance with plant supervisors and floor personnel on quality issues
* Collects and distributes information in a timely manner and ensures that the information is understood by all
* Conflict Resolution:
* Utilizes good management skills to prevent conflicts from reaching the grievance state and represents the company at first step grievances or upon HR inquiry
* Problem Solving:
* Assists other departments troubleshoot and solve problems such as improving customer satisfaction
* Analyzes and monitors quality data for process control and improvement projects such as reducing costs, improving cycle time, reducing scrap and rework, etc.
* Performs all job functions is a safe manner and maintains safety awareness
* Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices and/or conditions to supervisor
* A Bachelor’s Degree in a Manufacturing program is required
* 5 years’ experience required
* A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or Quality environment is required. Five (5) years is preferred
* Certifications in Six Sigma (Black Belt preferred), formal training in Lean manufacturing and Project Management preferred
* Strong problem solving skills with knowledge in Measurement, GD&T, Capability Analysis / SPC and Gage R&R
* Working knowledge of metrology equipment including CMM, FARO arm and scanning software
* Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills
* Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and interpersonal skills. Experience with a Union Shop preferred
* Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. SAP and MiniTab experience is preferred
Physical Demands and/or Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to use a keyboard, calculator, and telephone. Frequent sitting, talking, hearing, and occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift (10 lbs.), and an ability to adjust vision for close vision work. Up to 10% of time spent in manufacturing environments around industrial equipment. Able to travel up to 5% to other Company locations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.