4 months ago
Engineered Components Associated Spring has a challenging and rewarding career opportunity at our Corry Division for a highly motivated Quality Manager with a proven track record of successfully implementing and improving quality systems. This candidate will establish, monitor, and report on the application and effectiveness of the quality system at the Division. As the Quality Manager, you will play an integral role with current manufactured products, new business opportunities and improving key manufacturing and business processes. If you are a self-motivated, effective and collaborative leader seeking to put his/her technical and management talents to use in a fast paced manufacturing environment, please submit your name and credentials for further consideration.
* Lead the expansion and sustainment of a committed quality culture throughout the entire value chain through influence and managing skills.
* Lead the translation of customer, industry, & regulatory requirements into appropriate manufacturing & inspection methods and transfer them into standard work to ensure quality is achieved in-house and at suppliers.
* Participate in new product development and/or introduction planning (APQP) and execute quality actions to ensure smooth launch.
* Manage pre-production validation package for Customer approval: First Article Inspection (FAI) or Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
* Ensure the centers of excellence and vendor’s quality system consistently meets or exceeds customer regulatory requirements, AS-9100/TS16949, special processes and other automotive customer specific requirements.
* Lead containment, root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive actions (RCCA/CAPA); train and mentor other associates and suppliers to perform effective problems solving using standard tools (8D, 3P and 5Why, etc.).
* Manage the divisional quality matrix, cost of poor quality to achieve business goals and optimize return on investment.
* Lead, participate in and facilitate cross-functional teams on process control and optimization projects to stabilize and improve first passed yield; participate in other continuous improvement projects (i.e., Kaizen, Baseline, and Production Preparation Process (3P).
* Develop / refine advanced problem solving & process improvement methods & toolkit, and train employees in-house, and at Suppliers.
* Maintain strong communication with customers, internal management team and vendors to ensure quality level is meeting expectations.
* Develop Capital Acquisition Appropriation Request (CAAR) to support business needs.
* Manage development and performance of direct reports.
* Lead the division through the transition from TS 16949 to IATF 16949.
* Proven ability to read and interpret drawings, GD&T requirements, and specifications. Then connect the technical requirements to appropriate manufacturing & inspection methods. Work with customers and suppliers to refine their processes.
* Excellent quantitative, statistical and analytical skills.
* Must be able to make timely decisions, set priorities, and execute plan to meet commitment: Customers’ business needs.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to effectively influence and motivate others; must be able to deal with ambiguity and various changing requirements.
* Proven functional experience in a manufacturing environment with successful track record of results.
* Proficient computer skills on Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and statistical tool (i.e., Minitab).
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in automotive, aerospace or related field preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in business or technical/engineering/operational discipline required.
* ASQ Certified Quality Engineer CQE, CMQ is preferred
* Lead internal auditor per AS-9100 or TS-16949/IATF 16949 preferred
Job Location : Corry, Pennsylvania, United States
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular
Experience Required : 5+ to 7 years
Intended Work Schedule : M-F
NEW RESUME/CV +
EXISTING RESUME/CV +
Who do you know at
Barnes Group Inc.
Return to Search Results