8 months ago
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector.
This is a full-time hourly role where the successful candidate will be expected to perform mechanical and visual checks on manufactured parts in compliance with customer specifications. Candidate will be expected to use various inspection techniques to obtain accurate measurement. Please note: this position is on our 2nd shift from 3-11PM with a 15% pay differential.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
* Perform dimensional checks using surface plate, CMM and comparator while utilizing work instructions
* Must have experience using various hand tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, pin gages, indicators, and bore gages.
* Ability to interpret customer specifications
* Report and record inspection result on inspections sheets
* Discuss inspection results with part responsible engineer
* Create NCMR’s on any non-conforming part
* Communicate with Engineering of any issues with work instructions or inspection methods
* Assist in developing a culture of Quality and Excellence through effective engagement in continuous improvement activities.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma
* 5+ years’ experience performing dimensional inspections
* Experience with GD&T
* Must show mechanical aptitude
* PC-DMIS experience is a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.