8 months ago
Wednesday, July 25, 2018Apply
The Quality Inspector performs visual and dimensional inspection of various mechanical components and assemblies to close tolerance and first piece and in-process inspection in assigned value stream.
Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered Products (Kamatics Division)
1330 Blue Hills Avenue
* Perform visual and dimensional inspection of various mechanical components and assemblies to close tolerance. Perform first piece and in-process inspection in assigned value stream.
* Identify defects in surface, dimensional, visual and non-conformities (material, documentation and workmanship) to blueprints and Kamatics’ quality standards. Report non-conformance of materials or unusual conditions to Quality Supervisor and cell leader.
* Use a variety of conventional and advanced inspection devices, CMM tools and instruments to verify dimensions to drawing specifications.
* Perform all responsibilities within productivity and quality expectations. Follow work procedures.
* Maintain records, data and logs as necessary. Create inspection forms such as IMS, first article and other related forms.
* Prepare products and related paperwork for presentation to customer or source inspection.
* Provide leadership/training as needed. Ensure that production schedules are met.
* Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Report safety incidents to supervisor.
* Make recommendations for improvements to work processes and procedures. Contribute to 5S programs in work area.
* Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contribute to positive teamwork environment.
* Perform other duties as assigned. Participate in training/learning other positions. Accomplish related results as needed.
* Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
* Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Experience: 6-8 years of inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Attention to detail
* Advanced mathematics
* CMM operations and programming
* Completing Inspection Method Sheets/First Articles
* Customer focus
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing(GD&T)
* Problem solving
* Read and interpret complex blueprints
Knowledge Essential to the Position
* Advanced Shop Mathematics – 1 & 2
* Geometric Tolerances and Dimensions
* Frequent mental and visual attention
* Occasional (15-40%) lifting and moving materials up to 50 lbs.
Will be required to work overtime and weekends to meet customer needs.
Ability to work flexible work schedule.
Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered Products, a division of Kaman Corporation, located in Bloomfield CT, is a leader in the design and manufacture of high technology mechanical products, such as self-lubricated bearings and driveline couplings, used in aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications.
Kamatics is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
All positions at Kamatics Corporation require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (“green card holders”) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.