about 1 month ago
Primarily responsible for the inspection of finished pipe or shaped extrusions for conformance to prints and/or specifications and for the purposes of making decisions on compliance. The job may also include the inspection of pre-forms prior to extrusion, work-in-process product, tooling and other articles to support the plant’s quality objectives.
* Final Inspection of seamless pipe, clad pipe and shaped extrusions for certifying compliance or documenting discrepancies. Inspection includes traceability verification including inspection of all markings to customer requirements, dimensional verification to applicable prints and specifications, and visual inspection for any other quality issues.
* Segregation of deviated products from the normal production flow to prevent accidental use or unauthorized further processing, and the thorough documentation of defects. Also, the Inspector may be asked to categorize or describe in detail some defects and participate in root causes analysis of defects based on the inspector’s knowledge and experience.
* Generation and Maintenance of inspection reports and records such that traceability to specific product is maintained, records are readily retrievable, records are legible, signed and complete and maintained in an orderly fashion. Also, the Inspector may be asked to put together analytical reports, metrics and/or trending analysis from the inspection records.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Keen attention to detail, and a proven track record of accuracy and improving efficiencies
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing shifting priorities
* Ability to understand and communicate directions Standard Operating Procedures and security & safety guidelines
Cultural Fit – PCC Values
Drive For Results
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. This is a tobacco free work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.