7 months ago
Job Category: Quality
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Title: Quality Inspector
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our Quality organization.
Day to Day:
Inspects customer articles and performs random checks on parts for quality. Individual reviews all certifications and checks documentation for accuracy and completeness.
* Responsible for induction of customer owned material into Repair Station
* Reviews all certifications.
* Checks process documentation for completeness.
* Visually inspects articles and does random dimensional checks.
* Reviews Purchase Orders and shippers for accuracy.
* Performs visual and/or dimensional in-process inspections to determine conformance to acceptable or approved technical data.
* Read and understand blueprints and/or sketches.
* Maintain production standards/quality.
* Documenting travelers after operations performed.
* General department housekeeping.
* Regular attendance and punctuality.
* Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards.
* Ensures compliance with Company RSM/QCM, QPM and ISO quality requirements.
* Interface with product engineering as required.
* Provide inspection/Quality Department support to production cells.
* Help with internal audits.
* Filing completed repair documentation.
* Ship customer hardware per purchase order instructions.
* Performs other tasks in the facility as needed.
* Must be able to read, interpret blueprints and equipment manuals – required.
* Ability to read, interpret and understand work in-process documents – required.
* Strong math skills
* Attention to detail
* Self-motivated with a high level of ownership and accountability
* Lean skills continually drives process improvements
* Team building skills
What you will do:
What you need to succeed:
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.