8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft; our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible", we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach, and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
* Receiving Inspection and/or Production Inspection, Audits, Oracle Transactions
* Perform product inspection tasks per inspection procedures
* Document inspection activities on appropriate inspection records
* Maintain inspection records in an organized manner
* Make decisions regarding product acceptance per product documentation and company workmanship criteria
* Document product discrepancies per company procedures
* Disposition product non-conformances as approved
* Assist QA Engineering in corrective action follow-up
* Prioritize product inspection per schedule needs
* Understand & interpret design data (prints, BOM's, etc.)
* Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
* Use proper inspection methods & equipment (inspection hand tools, surface plate, etc.)
* Assist QA Engineering in the development of inspection methods and procedures
* Capable of supporting multiple product lines and/or commodities
* Answer quality & inspection questions
* Perform product & quality system audits as required
* Maintain applicable skills, knowledge, & certifications as required
* Complete Oracle transactions per company procedures
* Miscellaneous duties as required
* Ability to prioritize numerous tasks to meet schedule needs.
Technical Tasks & Skills
* First Article Inspections (FAI), Inspections on CMM using pre-existing programs
* Complete & maintain current FAI's on products manufactured by suppliers or the company per company procedures
* Develop FAI documentation per company procedures
* Inspect & measure all product design, manufacturing & quality characteristics
* Verify product per industry specifications & certifications
* Use appropriate inspection methods & equipment (inspection hand tools, surface plate, Optical Comparator, run CMM programs, etc.)
* Coordinate with other departments in support of FAI's (Quality Assurance, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.)
* Develop inspection methods and procedures for products
* Perform functional testing of product as approved for Special Projects
* Process Monitor Program, Special Process Inspections, Supplier Source Inspection, Customer Source Inspection, Delegated Customer Source Inspection
* Ownership & responsibility for area Process Monitor Program
* Assist in identifying good process monitor candidates
* Train candidate process monitors
* Audit process monitors to assure maintained proficiency
* Document training & auditing activities
* Approved to perform special process inspections (e.g. soldering, brazing, etc.)
* Perform source inspection activities for existing products & suppliers
* Support Customer Source Inspection activities as needed
* Perform Delegated Customer Source Inspection as approved
* Be familiar with and inspect multiple company products and/or commodities to assure compliance to requirements
* Assure product & company documentation is complete & accurate prior to shipment
* Complete source inspection documentation as appropriate
* Support company goals, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement
* Be aware of company goals & product schedule needs
* Prioritize inspection activities to meet goals & schedule needs
* Participate in schedule planning
* Respond to company needs
* Assure proper inspection coverage for area of responsibility
* Assist & backup other areas as needed
* Train others in quality requirements & inspection tasks
* Identify and implement improvement ideas to engineering
* Assist in company quality initiatives, continuous improvement & problem solving
* Other support groups, Supplier contact, Customer contact, Customer satisfaction
* Take work direction from QA Engineering, from manufacturing on daily work scheduling priorities, and from other support groups as required
* Interface with Engineering on product quality issues
* Work with other support groups to assure proper product quality, documentation, traceability & delivery
* Contact & work with suppliers on quality issues as required
* Work with customers on quality issues as required
* Assist in determining and implementing corrective actions on problems
* Supply product performance & quality data as required
* Answer & assist others regarding quality questions & issues
* Effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, engineering, other support groups, suppliers and, customers.
Qualification: Preferred Qualifications
* Aerospace experience is a plus.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals and support groups, in person, via telephone, and in writing.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under stress.
* Accuracy and attention to detail is highly important.
* Basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.