4 months ago
Work and manage quality engineering group within the Quality Assurance department.
* Formulates and maintains quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals. Interprets quality philosophy to key personnel in the organization.
* Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
* Plans and oversees the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
* Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
* Applies statistical methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
* Analyzes and recommends whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on data.
* Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
* Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
* Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and action being taken to improve the situation.
* Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
* Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products.
* Travels to visit customer/supplier facility. Some of these visits may require lengthy driving and walking within the facility.
* Coaches and mentors quality personnel in data based decision making.
* Reviews and suggest materials and processes to suit product improvement or new product development.
* Coordinate departmental activities and work load for maximum impact.