2 months ago
Wilkes-Barre, PA, US
Job ID: 23054
Req ID: 23054
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: :41:19
PCC Wilkes-Barre, PA (Wyman-Gordon), provides advanced technology solutions to its customers, specializing in machining of complex aero-engine components. Capabilities of CNC turning up to 70”, CNC 5-axis milling, EDM, balancing and Dry Film Lube.
Wyman-Gordon Pennsylvania, is an industry leader in the production of flash welded and cold-rolled rings and cases for gas turbines. State of the art forming, welding, and sizing equipment are utilized to produce superior quality components which consistently meet or surpass aerospace standards. We supply major engine programs worldwide with near-net-shape rings and cases.
The Quality Engineering Technician will be responsible for ensuring quality standards are being met by completing various tasks, including support of manufacturing and process improvement, assist in MRB clinic, record review and product release. The position will assist the Quality department with a wide variety of documentation control including data analysis and document retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Review incoming certifications from Raw material houses and outside service processors to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
* Review and analyze non-conforming product to ensure compliance with final customer supplied blue prints.
* Investigate non-conforming errors and deviations of product (MRB review). Interact with senior Quality and Engineering personnel to resolve and formulate corrective actions as necessary.
* Prepare and issue Certificates of Conformance, Quality Attachments, Identification instructions, etc. assist in development and preparation of non-conformance documentation under supervision of senior Quality and Engineering personnel.
* Interacts with suppliers, customers, and coworkers regarding quality issues and specifications; responds to customer requests and works with management to resolve issues as needed.
* Documents inspection results and enters relevant information into various databases; updates and maintains relevant work procedures and forms.
* Execute internal audits, process audits and customer audits to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
* Investigate customer claims and prepare continuous improvement initiatives.
* Know how to use standard measuring tools such as micrometers, Vernier’s, height gauges, electronic calculator, etc.
* Ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional peers as well as upper level
* The ability to make independent judgments and utilize problem solving skills.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Self-starter, able to work with minimal direct supervision.
* Able to receive general instructions/directives and turn them into specific tasks.
* 2 to 5 years of experience is required
* Associate's Degree is preferred
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.