5 months ago
Quality Engineer - WSC
Req #: 218015
Location: Florham Park, NJ US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Job Description: Do you have a passion for innovation? So do we! At LGS our people are our greatest asset – we make sure your voice is heard and give you the resources to invent solutions to some of the most difficult challenges facing our customers. Our entrepreneurial environment fosters your best ideas and allows you to build your career to fit your creativity. Sound interesting? We’re always looking for the best and brightest to join our ranks and share the fun.
Under minimal direction, lead and execute quality initiatives across the Wireless Solutions (WS) organization, with a focus on the Wireless Sensing and Communications (WSC) business group. Implement all aspects of the WS Quality Management System (QMS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead efforts in WSC to identify and create procedures, processes, and work instructions that are required for ISO 9001/AS9100 and CMMI certification
* Work with managers and individual contributors to implement consistent processes and continuous improvement within their job functions
* Audit WSC functions to determine compliance with standards
* Provide recommendations for the development and ongoing process improvement of the WS QMS
* Lead WSC teams in problem solving
* Collect and analyze data from multiple sources to identify failure trends with LGS products, services, and processes; present trend analysis to WS management and provide suggested action plans
* Identify best practices within WS business groups/teams and promote implementation across WS
* Collaborate with WSC functions and teams to define operational metrics which support the overall WSC business strategy and goals
* Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
* Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as required
Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field of study and a minimum of 6 years related experience or combination of equivalent education and related experience
* Participation in the successful implementation, registration, and maintenance of an ISO 9001, AS9100, CMMI or equivalent quality management system.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills and experience leading teams in problem solving using formal methodologies such as 8 Disciplines (8D) or DMAIC
* Ability to successfully lead cultural change towards quality and influence within an organization
* Ability to successfully work across multiple levels and organizations
* Strong analytical skills, including data analysis & visualization
* Strong communication & presentation skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft SW applications and other applications as required
* Master’s degree in a technical field of study or MBA
* Experience working in a technology development and manufacturing organization
* Successful implementation of CMMI Level 3 within a software development organization
* Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Six Sigma Brown/Black Belt, or similar certification
* Working knowledge of government contracting, especially Quality Assessment Surveillance Plans (QASP) and Quality Management Plans (QMP)
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.