8 months ago
Quality Engineer - Rockaway, NJ
US - NJ - Rockaway
ROCKAWAY, NEW JERSEY
McWilliams Forge Company, in Rockaway, NJ, is a well-established leader in the manufacture of precision forged products for the aerospace industry. The company is a division of Precision Castparts Corp. (PCP) a public company and operates as a stand-alone entity. We are seeking a motivated individual as our Quality Engineer. This position will report to the Quality Engineer Manager.
* Draft, maintain, and control manufacturing processes and work instructions.
* Analyze manufacturing processes to identify and execute improvements in the cutting area, forge shop, machine shop, heat treat and non-destructive testing (NOT) using lean manufacturing and six sigma methodologies.
* Periodic review and continuous improvement of engineering processes such as contract review, new product introduction techniques, etc.
* Draft, maintain, and control technical requirements for raw material purchases and outside vendor services.
* Conduct technical review of customer purchase orders.
* Serve as Customer interface for technical issues.
* Responsible for the installation of new equipment and processes.
* Project management of plant improvement projects.
* Ability to read blue prints
* Excellent computer skills
* Excellent reading skills
* Detail oriented
EDUCATION AND PREFERRED EPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
* 3-5 years of experience
* Proven experience in applying lean manufacturing methodologies.
* Experience in facilities project management.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational and planning skills.
* Six-sigma experience preferred.
* Ability to travel up to 5%.
* Extensive dimensional experience (AS9102 reporting methodology)
* ISO 9000/AS 9100 experience
* Knowledge of Military and Aerospace industry material and process specifications
* Lean manufacturing and statistical process control
* Metallurgical background
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, but NOT LIMITED TO:
* Conduct root cause analysis
* Implement preventive and corrective actions
* Maintenance of ISO systems and documentation
* Obtain certifications from major aerospace manufacturers to perform product and process quality review
* Conduct internal audits
* Manage vendor quality performance
* Interact with external auditors
* Conduct contract review
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision coverage, vacation, quarterly bonus program, a matching 401(K), life insurance and Long-Term Disability insurance.
McWilliams Forge Company a PCCCompany & a Division of Wyman Gordon is committed to hiring, promoting and transferring employees without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin (where a person was born), sex, age, ancestry (ethnic heritage), citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other reason prohibited by law. Decisions as to hiring, promoting or transferring employees should be based solely upon job-related qualifications.
As an equal opportunity employer, McWilliams Forge Company a PCC Company & a Division of Wyman Gordon is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contactext. 211 for assistance.