4 months ago
The Quality Engineer will utilize a wide range of knowledge and professional skills to drive Quality Engineering and Continuous Improvement initiatives and projects. The candidate will be the focal point for interfacing Quality Assurance issues with internal and external customers/suppliers ensuring compliance to the appropriate requirements including non-conformance analysis and implementation of effective countermeasures.
* Be assigned to perform varying degrees of Quality Engineering activities and lead projects pertinent to Internal and Customer Quality Assurance under general guidance of Quality Assurance Management.
* Drive continuous defect reduction by collecting and analyzing quality-related data (yield, rework, and scrap) and facilitating problem-solving activities to process improvement.
* Conduct internal/supplier audits to ensure customer requirements, regulatory agencies, government regulations, and engineering specifications are properly met.
* Perform purchase order and contract reviews to ensure complete flow-down of requirements throughout various facets of the organization.
* Ensure continual compliance and improvement to the Quality Management System procedures and processes.
* Host client and regulatory audits, manage responses/resolution, and audit follow-up
* Perform Material Review Board (MRB) duties representing Quality Engineering
* Collaborate with Manufacturing, Operations and Engineering to improve manufacturing process and develop methods to eliminate quality problems.
* Requires consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment to perform assignments of a professional nature requiring application of quality engineering and related techniques.