5 months ago
The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for the definition of the required interpretation of quality requirements on a project, and responsible for maintaining a compliant QA system in accordance with Government/Internal company standards. The QE is responsible for generation of the Program Quality Requirements Standards (PQRS), an internal document which concisely compiles all Quality related requirements into one overall document. These requirements are derived from the contract, the flow down clauses, supplemental QA documents, MIL-STDs/SPECs, and other related data, which sets forth the Quality requirements. Further the document defines, material quality requirements, source inspections to be performed (both Customer and Supplier), audit requirements, MRB requirements, GFE QA requirements, Acceptance Testing witnessing, in process requirements, and QA data requirements.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Participates in the Procurement process from a Quality perspective, and reviews each requisition to assure the proper Quality requirements are transmitted to the suppliers and assigns appropriate quality codes to Purchase request
* Participates in the design process, by reviewing all drawings, process documents, SOWs, and other technical data to ensure proper consideration is afforded to requirements flow down, inspect ability, and overall accuracy is met in during the generation of these documents
* Establishes inspection points for in process in-process inspections of items being produced. This is defined in both the PQRS and on each SO generated by the PP
* Inspects all SO's prior to release to ensure the proper inspection points are defined, proper process documents are required, proper test steps are included, proper ATPs defined and that the overall SO produces a Quality product
* Performs in-process inspections and witnesses all internal "Sell-Off" acceptance tests, to include any dry runs of the Draft test procedures
* Interfaces with Customer(s) for scheduling and completion of in-process reviews, audits and acceptance tests
* Responsible for any required follow-up to Customer(s) reviews, audits or test items found not to be correct discrepant
* Performs all supplier source inspections on given projects; findings from these inspections are documented and provided to Materiel and the Program Office
* Documents findings and provides required information to the Program Office; participates in "Approval" of sources of supply Maintains/provides input to the Approved Vendor List and approves/disapproves new vendors by either internal desk audits from supplier furnished data, or by on site Quality surveys
* Responsible for assuring that all test equipment used for "Sell-Off" by his project is, if required, in proper calibration at the time of need
* Responsible for ensuring all equipment used to test/measure product is calibrated at all times; coordination between Manufacturing, Engineering and the Program Office to assure this is current is accomplished by the QE
* Serves as the Quality board member for MRB on his/her project, and is responsible for MRB maintenance
* Coordinates all MRB activity and serves as the voting QA member
* Performs periodic internal audits, in accordance with company/contract requirements to assure all procedures and processes are being adhered to
* Works with Material Purchasing, Planning and Production departments on for supplier rejections and discrepant material
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* Required 6+ years of related experience.
* Previous experience working non-conformance's on space flight software required.
* Previous related Quality experience with a good working knowledge of the Quality System requirements, contract quality requirements and have previously had previous Inspection experience.
NOTE: To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.