3 months ago
Quality Engineer - Additive Manufacturing (Multiple Levels)
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Quality Engineers perform routine to moderately complex engineering and quality control functions. They analyze designs and specifications to achieve efficient, cost effective and reliable quality processes, applying mathematical, physical science, engineering, and statistical technologies. They lead teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, and acceptance of products.
Summary of Key Duties:
• Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products and assemblies including both plastics and metal AM products
• Develops methods and writes detailed instructions for inspection processes.
• Coordinates the design of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance.
• Provides technical assistance to inspection areas and advanced manufacturing teams.
• Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends.
• Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product discrepancies.
• Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions.
• Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
• Interacts with customers, suppliers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues primarily in the advanced manufacturing area.
• Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams.
• Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
• Some travel (10-25%) is required.
Procurement for software and equipment
Coordinates the design of product acceptance equipment
Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends
Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests
YOU MUST HAVE
* U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy Q-level security clearance.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution/program is required.
* DOE Q-Clearance desirable
* Two or more years of experience as a Quality Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer with preferred experience in application of model based inspection systems and additive manufacturing processes
* Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to develop effective acceptance processes and improve existing processes.
* Computed Temography or non destructive test methods.
* Ability to lead quality improvement projects.
* Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma certification preferred.
* Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems.
* Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes.
* Demonstrated project management/leadership skills; ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead other employees and suppliers to execute plans to meet customer deliverables.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
* 1st Shift
* Some Travel Required
* Continued Professional Development
* Job Function: Engineering
* Relocation Tier: Tier 1
* Security Clearance: No Clearance
* Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
* Band: 03
* Referral Bonus: 75.00
* Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.