about 1 month ago
Wichita, KS, US
Job ID: 22530
Req ID: PCC-US.224215
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: :45:23
Quality Engineer -
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
“We are very pleased to be joining forces with Berkshire Hathaway,” said Mark Donegan, PCC’s chairman and chief executive officer. “We see a unique alignment between Warren’s management and investment philosophy and how we manage PCC for the long-term. We believe that as part of Berkshire Hathaway, PCC will be exceptionally well-positioned to support our customers’ needs into the future. This transaction offers compelling and immediate value for our shareholders, and allows PCC’s employees to continue to operate in the same manner that has generated many years of exceptional service and performance to our customers.”
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the North America, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, Kalistrut, and Noranco. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Arizona, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Exacta Aerospace was founded in 1978. The company offers a vast array of 3, 4 and 5 axis aluminum and hard-metal machines. Exacta can use its machine and fab detail components to produce complex, tight-tolerance assemblies ready for aircraft installation. With an ever-changing aerospace industry in which customers continually ask suppliers to integrate and innovate, Exacta is responding to the challenge. Exacta Aerospace was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. in July, 2013.
The Quality Engineer reviews and approves work completed by Manufacturing Engineers and Planners for the manufacuting process. The Quality Engineer maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records as required. The Quality Engineer is a liason with program management, manufacturing and/or custemer as required for product realization and peforms backup to document control.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Reviews and approves new work done by ME’s and Planners
* Reviews and approves new IP’s and/or sketches
* Reviews and approves Master Planned sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for guidance of production workers
* Reviews and approves Planned detail operations from blueprints, engineering orders, change notices, and other engineering releases
* Reviews and approves planning for required tooling
* Reviews and approves master plans for materials and product processing
* Submits planning or documents to customer as required for review and/or approval
* Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records as required.
* Leads FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) on new parts/process teams
* Validates cause and corrective action teams findings
This position provides lead direction, guidance and coaching to members of the work group. Responsibilities may include scheduling activities, orienting and providing assistance to management in achieving work group success. This position may assist in hiring, appraising performance, disciplining employees and making other recommendations to management regarding staff. Decision-making involves significant issues for the department or company, weighing pros and cons of possible actions and determining which action to recommend or take.
Required Experience and Education:
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent education and experience; Master’s degree level preferred
* Two (2) years’ experience in manufacturing machining and or quality
* Thorough understanding of the manufacturing process with in the Aerospace industry
* Strong CAD navigation skills with CAD certification preferred
* Thorough understanding of how MRP/ERP systems works
* Advanced computer program skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to read aerospace blue prints and read and understand aerospace documentation
* Ability to relay blue print and technical documentation in clear detail for manufacturing documentation
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations and write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals, and make presentations to customers, employees or the general public
* Ability to logic and reason in solving practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
* Ability to professionally communicate clearly verbally and in writing
* Ability to work across departments to meet product quality standards efficiently
* Skilled in adapting style, language and tone to properly communicate with a variety of audiences, both orally and in writing
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.