about 1 month ago
Carson City, NV, US
Job ID: 23110
Req ID: PCC-US.224568
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: :49:00
This position commonly reports to the Quality Manager. The Quality Engineer is responsible for implementing, improving, enforcing the quality system at Carson City Operation. Develops methods to improve efficiency in production, reduce process variability and assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the evaluation of possible courses of conduct and acting or making decisions after the various possibilities have been considered.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct part specific quality planning of new parts in accordance with appropriate quality systems manual (QMS).
* Develop and/or approve work instructions from customer-supplied specifications.
* Approve part router in accordance with PCC procedures and costumer specifications.
* Review customer supplied specifications to PCC capabilities.
* Negotiate with customers to align customer specifications to PCC capabilities where necessary.
* Review non-conforming material for disposition.
* Initiate request for corrective action (RCA) from internal and external customers.
* Review returned goods (RG’s) for valid/non-valid return.
* Conduct external audits of PCC suppliers.
* Conduct internal audits of PCC process/process.
* Conduct internal audits of PCC quality system.
* Release product to be shipped as an authorized Quality Representative of the customer.
* May supervise other engineers or technicians on assigned projects.
* Identify and address safety considerations within the scope of their job responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
* Broad knowledge of mechanical, industrial, materials science engineering.
* Investment casting knowledge preferred.
Knowledge of inspection techniques, AS9100, auditing, continuous improvement methods, and statistical techniques preferred.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.