2 months ago
Walden’s Machine was founded in 1976 by Charlie Walden. Primus purchased Walden’s in 2006 and PCC purchased Primus in 2011. The Company offers a complete range of products and services including high speed machining (3, 4 & 5 axis medium/complex aluminum and hard metal machining), kitting, assembly and integration, decorative coatings, airfoil/propulsion structures specialist and global supply chain management. Walden’s is a 24 hour facility and is staffed with 340 employees.
Walden’s has a reputation for market leading performance and responsiveness in high speed machining. Some of their well-known customers included, but are not limited to, Boeing, Bombardier, Spirit Aerosystems, Bell Helicopter, Airbus, and GE Aviation. The Company is fully certified for IS0 9001 and hold Revision “C” registration for AS9100.
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials finished product. Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms, and equipment. Conducts quality assurance tests. Performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and Six Sigma quality engineering methodologies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop, coordinate, implement, update, monitor, and assure compliance with policies and procedures
* Monitor policies and procedure’s effectiveness through teamwork and statistical methods; Recommend improvements; Support training
* Support program and audit Corrective Action with root cause analysis, metrics, proposed solutions, and closure reporting
* Serve as the point-of-contact for internal and external quality related issues
* Support customer and 3rd party (i.e., AS9100) audits and provide audit reports as required
* Instruct team members in product conformity practices
* Familiarize and attain proficiency with Lean, Six Sigma, and continuous improvement methods and implementation
* May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned
* Good understanding of common inspection measuring equipment including, but not limited to, surface plates, micrometers, height gages, radius gages, protractors, profilometers, bore gauges, and dial indicators
* Well versed in ISO/AS9100 Quality requirements
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Thorough understanding of MRP systems, broad knowledge of Quality-specific software
* Good blueprint reading and manufacturing/inspection related math skills
* Excellent verbal and written skills and an ability to work proactively in a teamwork environment
* 3-5 years recent aircraft manufacturing environment experience, work as an auditor or Manufacturing Engineer or equivalent time and grade
Level of Education:
* BA/BS in Industrial, Mfg, or Mech Engineering;
* ISO 9001 or AS9100 internal auditing experience a plus.