13 days ago
USA-South Carolina-Hilton Head Island
L3 Technologies – Kigre, Inc. is based in Hilton Head, SC and has built its business on excellence and scientific innovation. Kigre is known as a specialist in laser glass formation, fabrication, and precision machining and polishing. Kigre laser components and sub-systems are used in a wide variety of applications for a worldwide base of customers in industry, government and education.
The Quality Engineer has a high level of technical expertise and skill, which is used to plan, optimize, identify Root Cause and Corrective Action, identify, collect and analyze Manufacturing and Quality Metrics and monitor manufacturing processes required for the production of Laser Transmitters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborate with Engineering, Quality Inspection and Manufacturing Operations to identify root cause of system/process failures and implement long term, sustainable corrective actions.
* Proactively assess the processes and systems of the Manufacturing environment to identify potential failure modes and implement robust mitigations.
* Work with design engineers and others, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished product design and are adequately tested and verified.
* Regularly facilitate and coordinate the evaluation of production data to provide meaningful metrics to the operations team and identify key areas of improvement using data from manufacturing.
* Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering to assess the measuring capability of proposed designs and facilitate customer driven measurement inspection programs.
* Ensure Quality is built into all new product developments and ensure transfer into incremental and harvest product is sustainable through the support of appropriate controls and processes.
* Responsible for facilitating Quality Plans and Manufacturing Process Control Documents (MPCD).
* Ensure Engineering and Manufacturing specifications and processes are reviewed for compliance and appropriate application.
* Guide cross functional teams in the implementation of continuous improvement activities, reducing waste and non-value added activities by utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles.
* Collaborate with suppliers and customers.
* Identify faults, investigate production problems and institute corrective action quickly and efficiently. If a major failure occurs institute and support the RCCA process.
* Institute, monitor, analyze and report to upper management the results of a Continual Improvement Program.
* Institute, collect and analyze statistical metrics that monitor and determine production efficiencies.
* Develop training programs and provide training on process and assemblies.
* Promote and support Lean cultural developmental through coaching, training, and facilitating.
* Monitor and report process performance metrics.
* Improve the quality, reduce cost, improve schedule, and reduce the risk of existing processes.
* Manage and ensure that the company's quality system conforms to ISOand L3 Corporate requirements.
* Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g. results of internal audits, corrective action)
* Conduct periodic management review meetings
* Plan internal audits
* Oversee inspection of incoming material, ensuring that product meets requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering, Quality or Science discipline, from an accredited university; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* 3+ years' experience in quality engineering, process design, development and testing of optical and electro-optical components and systems.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
* Experience with ISO 9001 2001, knowledge of ISOrequirements preferred.
* Strong analytical skills required; Preference given to candidates who have previous experience using statistical software packages (e.g Minitab)
* Skilled in statistical process control
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies
* Knowledge of Laser and Optics, testing, integration, documentation and configuration control.
* Knowledge of design for manufacturability and reliability, to include laboratory and system level laser diagnostics.
* Experience with MRP software programs
* Proven ability as a self-starter and able to work on projects with multiple deadlines and tight time constraints.
* Proven success in a fast paced development and manufacturing environment and possess a willingness to take ownership, accept accountability, and thrive under pressure.
* Possess exceptional communication (both oral and written) and listening skills, with a strong orientation to details, and the ability to make quick, informed decisions.
* Strong relationship building skills at all levels of an organization and the ability to work effectively across functions within a matrix environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
* Must be a United States Citizen or possess authorization to work in the United States.
* Able to work weekends and evenings as required to meet company objectives.
* Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job. Individuals assigned to perform tasks defined in this job description that are controlled by the ISO program have the authority, consent and responsibility to carry out those tasks as defined in the program
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. We maintain a drug-free workplace, perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, and participate in E-Verify.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Division - ALST-20000025
Jun 7, 2019, 10:50:36 PM
Email this job
To access this job from another device, Email this information to yourself.
Name should not be empty
Recipient’s email address
Email should not be empty
Please enter a valid Email
Email has been sent sucessfully
No locations found