4 months ago
Job Function: Quality
Location: San Diego, California
Title: Quality Engineer
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a 19 - 12 opening to join our organization.
To perform all aspects required for proper evaluation and resolution of quality related matters and technical issues that may arise during manufacturing and maintenance of turbine engine components, and to support activities related to quality system requirements compliance. Develop, track and provide statistical analysis, reports and metrics for quality related activities.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer role are:
* Complete Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
* Define, specify, and implement quality standards and procedures for manufacturing processes.
* Provide technical advice and counsel to cross-functional teams assigned to process improvement projects.
* Provide technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
* Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
* Manage supplier quality, interplant and customer interfaces.
* Prepare corrective action responses, problem solving for permanent corrective actions, and lead problem solving activities.
* Manage internal and customer drawings and specifications.
* Demonstrate and deliver exceptional customer service by ensuring timely release of control of configuration management documents.
* Provide technical support to both internal and external customers and suppliers.
* Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards.
* Actively support Cost-Out, Scrap/Rework reduction & improved First Pass Yield site goals and objectives.
We take pride in leveraging everyone's strengths, helping employees to realize their potential and training our employees to do their best.
* Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Business, or other relevant discipline
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality, Operations or Engineering
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.