2 months ago
Job Category: Quality
Location: Tampa, Florida
Title: Quality Engineer
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our Quality organization.
Day to Day:
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products. Tests and inspects products at various stages of the production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
What you will do:
What you need to succeed:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Interprets engineering drawings and customer specifications and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality standards.
* Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process and tests products for variety of qualities.
* Records test data applying statistical quality control procedures.
* Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
* Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
* Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
* Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
* Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
* Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
* Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
* Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
* Reviews incoming purchase orders for quality requirements and effectivity.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering such as mechanical, metallurgical or aerospace
* At least 5 years relevant work experience
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical, diagram or written form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.