8 months ago
Plans and conducts activities concerned with assuring the quality of our processes and products by performing the following duties.
• Supports the Quality Manager in the running of the Quality Management System to continually improve process performance and product quality.
• Performs quality engineering reviews of customer orders for the planning of compliance with customer written and non-written requirements.
• Establishes receiving verification processes to assure all purchasing requirements are met prior to release for use and assists Purchasing in evaluating vendors’ performance.
• Supports Operations and QC Supervisor(s) to develop in-process and final inspection processes to detect and resolve nonconformities at the earliest stage possible.
• Works with all areas of the plant in the writing and use of work instructions, documentation of processes and records management, and in the training of employees in support of the goal of a competent workforce.
• Participates in internal audits, supports the Management Review process, and coordinates the corrective action process to support the quality improvement goals of the organization.
• Develops, trains and deploys the latest problem solving approaches to support company process improvement goals.
• Prepares and maintains key metrics to identify improvement opportunities and communicate to the management team as necessary.
• Participates in team activities, in selling ideas to colleagues
• Trains employees on quality related subjects which will be helpful in the development of managerial skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in a related field to Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering;
• Four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.