10 months ago
US - KS - Wichita
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion publicly traded company (NYSE: PCP) employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
“We are very pleased to be joining forces with Berkshire Hathaway,” said Mark Donegan, PCC’s chairman and chief executive officer. “We see a unique alignment between Warren’s management and investment philosophy and how we manage PCC for the long-term. We believe that as part of Berkshire Hathaway, PCC will be exceptionally well-positioned to support our customers’ needs into the future. This transaction offers compelling and immediate value for our shareholders, and allows PCC’s employees to continue to operate in the same manner that has generated many years of exceptional service and performance to our customers.”
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes 39 plants in the U.S, Mexico, Canada, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Exacta Aerospace was founded in 1978. The company offers a vast array of 3, 4 and 5 axis aluminum and hard-metal machines. Exacta can use its machine and fab detail components to produce complex, tight-tolerance assemblies ready for aircraft installation. With an ever-changing aerospace industry in which customers continually ask suppliers to integrate and innovate, Exacta is responding to the challenge.
Exacta Aerospace was acquired by Precision Castparts Corp. in July, 2013.
The Quality Engineer will report to the Quality Manager and provide direct support to immediate manufacturing Quality Assurance needs. The incumbent will develop, administer, and maintain AS9100 compliant internal audit system. The QE monitors and maintains the Corrective & Preventive Actions system. Hosts third party audits and has frequent contact with customers and regulatory personnel.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop, coordinate, implement, update, monitor, and assure compliance with policies and procedures
• Monitor policies and procedure’s effectiveness through teamwork and statistical methods
• Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure quality standards are in place
• Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
• Conducts quality assurance tests
• Performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications
• Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
• Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements
• Recommend improvements
• May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
• Support program and audit Corrective Action with root cause analysis, metrics, proposed solutions, and closure reporting
• Serve as the point-of-contact for internal and external quality related issues
• Support customer and 3rd party (i.e., AS9100) audits and provide audit reports as required
• Instruct team members in product conformity practices
• Familiarize and attain proficiency with Lean and continuous improvement methods and implementation
• May occasionally perform special projects
• Perform other duties as assigned
• With Knowledgeable of aerospace Customer and AS9100C requirements, Internal Audit practices
• Knowledge of CATIA programming to create drawings SixSigma/Lean analysis and improvement methodologies and have the ability to work efficiently with various computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) and ERP to perform necessary functions
• Ability to interrogate Model Based Definition to define product criteria
• Must be highly organized with proven ability to professionally and assertively follow up on actions to be completed by internal personnel at all levels to assure timely completion
• Good understanding of common inspection measuring equipment including, but not limited to, surface plates, micrometers, height gages, radius gages, protractors, profilometers, bore gauges, and dial indicators.
• Knowledge of machining process is a plus.
• Thorough understanding of MRP systems, broad knowledge of Quality-specific software
• Good blueprint reading and manufacturing/inspection related math skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills and an ability to work proactively in a teamwork environment
• Attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and, as required, support the training of others
3+ years in a manufacturing environment
Aerospace and/or machine shop experience preferred
Level of Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
PCC Aerostructures manufactures products for the United States and foreign militaries. These products are subject to U.S. Export Laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and Export Administration Regulations. Employment at PCC Aerostructures facilities is limited to U.S. citizens, U.S. Nationals, Permanent Residents or requires approval from the relevant U.S. government agency. As a condition of employment, all employees working at a PCC Aerostructures facility must complete an Export Compliance Non-Disclosure Statement. This form requires proof of U.S. Person status and is validated with one of the following; Vital Statistics Certified U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport (not expired), U.S. Permanent Resident Card (aka ‘green card’ - not expired), U.S. Certificate of Naturalization, or Proof that individual is a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.