8 months ago
* • Lead continuous projects that lower internal non-quality rates, quality escape rates, supplier quality issues.
* • Lead site Quality Assurance and Quality Control initiatives
* • Support production and supplier evaluations by SPC analysis of the inspection data
* • Assist Engineering with First Article Inspections and qualifications
* • Support Factory Quality Manager and Quality Assurance in management of customer and process audits
* • Lead technical aspects of corrective actions, 8-D's, and other continuous improvement projects
* • In conjunction with Engineering, perform FMEA's to establish inspection plans and SPC plans
* • Maintain and update the non-conformance management software technical database.
* • Manage, track and communicate Material Review Board action system
* • Manage the customer return process – recordkeeping, communication, and corrective actions
* • Assist in training and qualifications of local Safran Landing Systems personnel in the understanding of quality requirements. Ensuring each job/process has clearly documented quality requirements that are known and understood
Basic MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power-Point, Access), Minitab, data queries, macros.
* • Support and communicate the culture of continuous improvement, lean, 5S, and quality at the source
* • Support / lead Quality initiatives via data analysis, including MEasurment system Analysis
* • Documentation control management, Carbon Plant
* • Perform other related duties as required
* • Experience in manufacturing quality, manufacturing engineering, data analysis, or a related field is preferred
* • ISO9001 and/or AS9100 quality system experience preferred
Specificity of the job
International travel may be required; 2 per year max.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.