Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Customer Quality Engineer
Pay: £32,000 - £38,000 pa
Location: West Sussex
My client is the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables. With over 40 locations worldwide serving airlines, OEMs, and military defense. My client provides inventory management and replenishment, electronic data interchange, special packaging and bar coding, parts kitting, quality assurance testing, and purchasing assistance services; and creative and differential supply chain solutions, such as 3PL and 4PL programs. It also distributes aerospace fasteners and other aircraft consumables
Responsible for product excellence and implementation of quality assurance programs to provide defect free products to all customers.
- Responsible for overall Customer Quality to meet/ exceeds both customer quality objectives and Internal Customer Quality metrics
- Leads all customer scorecard metrics within the organization
- Leads all customer root cause corrective actions (RCCA) activities for the customer which includes the implementation of corrective actions and Conducts effectiveness audits on all Customer corrective actions.
- Assists Supplier Quality Team with Supplier performance metrics
- Develops and Leads Quality Improvement plans with Customers
- Leads and facilitate continual improvement efforts both internally and externally.
- Acts as technical problem solving expert and provides guidance/ coaching to others in quality team and organization
- Management of all First Article Inspection Report (FAIR) activities including liaising with both the Customer, Supplier and internal inspection team.
- Ensures all customer contract and Purchase order requirements are met
- Assists Quality Management with Internal, Customer and third party audits;
- Leads all purge activity and makes final decision on disposition of product conformance. Monitors all organizational purges are completed on time
- Reviews and approves technical and performance specifications, quality plans, sampling plans, and inspections and Quality procedures.
- Leads monthly customer quality metric reviews with customer and internal organization
- Works with Customer on RMA product or request MRB approval
- Assist Quality Management with customer related procedures in QMS
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of quality engineering experience
- Strong Problem Solving skills with over 4 years writing Corrective Actions
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be advanced in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have over 3 years direct interface working with Customers
- Must have strong Aerospace Industry Knowledge
- Working knowledge of AS9100/9120 Quality standard
- Knowledge of Lean Principles
- Professional quality certifications ( CQI Membership Preffered)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency