about 1 year ago
The Quality Engineer is responsible for managing multifunctional/cross-departmental tasks including drawing review, development of inspection techniques/instructions, material review and disposition, trend analysis, and corrective/preventative actions. The Quality Engineer provides assurance that HAECO Cabin Solutions policies and practices are adhered to or revised as necessary to ensure compliance with customer, regulatory, and quality management system requirements within the scope of the position defined herein.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Supports Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering in addressing process and product quality issues providing oversight and guidance in procedural and regulatory compliance.
2. Provides assistance to Material Management group in assessing and resolving product and supplier issues (internal & external).
3. Conducts root cause analysis investigations and assists with corrective and preventative actions including follow up to determine proper implementation and effectiveness of improvements.
4. Participates in pre-award evaluations of potential new programs by ensuring the all quality aspects of the program have been addressed.
5. Reviews new and revised Engineering documents including verification that redlined drawing changes are fully incorporated.
6. Reviews certification plans to ensure all quality related requirements have been integrated into the certification project.
7. Review flammability testing plans to ensure all applicable aspects of 14 CFR part 25.853 have been properly addressed.
8. Coordinates customer first article and source inspections.
9. Develops requirements for quality engineering projects including schedule, budget, and resources.
10. Responsible for project management (within defined scope) and where appropriate integration of improvements into HAECO Cabin Solutions Quality Control processes.
11. Maintain current with industry state of the art Quality Control and measurement practices, processes and equipment.
1. BS Degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent related quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
2. 5 years experience in Aerospace Quality Engineering or related field or previously demonstrated experience within HAECO.
3. Good computer skills for use in typical business and MS office software applications.
4. Advanced use of Excel or other related software for trend analysis and generation of quality metrics is desirable.
5. Be able to learn HAECO Cabin Solutions business operating system.
6. Must have ability to read and comprehend blueprints, specifications, engineering documents and other technical data.
7. Adept at critical thinking utilizing advanced problem solving skills, situational analysis, investigation and following up.
8. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. Must be capable of organizing and presenting materials in front of groups for project status and/or training purposes.
10. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
11. Must be available to work flexible schedule as job requirements dictate.
12. Domestic travel may be required approximately 10% annually.
13. Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
1. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer certification.