7 months ago
Compass Airlines is seeking Quality Control Inspectors to join our team at our San Jose, CA location. The ideal candidate will have exceptional business judgment and discretion, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Monitor maintenance performed utilizing systems to ensure processes meet and or exceed Compass standards. Ensure final product meets regulatory and Compass contract requirements. Ensure vendors meet and or exceed Compass Airlines maintenance program and regulatory requirements.
* A&P License is required and ability to demonstrate use of A/P within 24 months
* 5 years maintenance experience on FAR part 121 certificated aircraft of 50 passenger aircraft
* Ability to hold and maintain Required Inspection Item (RII), Airworthiness Release Authorization (ARA) and Material Inspection (MI) authorization
* Knowledge of GMM, Maintenance Programs, and other related company manuals
* Comprehensive understanding of Part 121 Regulations
* Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Business or related filed
* Experience on Embraer 170/175 aircraft
* Inspection experience under Part 121 Regulations
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
* Knowledge of aircraft inspections/audit processes and practices.
* Knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs and technical standards.
* Be familiar the industry’s General Maintenance Manuals, Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
* Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form to various levels of the organization.
* Ability to conduct investigations/root cause analysis and report findings in a clear, concise written manner.
* Ability to travel and or stay at various Compass vendor maintenance sites including international locations and to professionally represent the Company to internal and external entities.
* Responsible for the oversight of all maintenance performed on Company aircraft by contract vendors.
The QC Inspector is responsible to the Director Quality & Chief Inspector and reports directly to the Supervisor of Quality Control. Inspectors are responsible for providing oversight of Technical Operations Departments ensuring that regulatory and company requirements are being adhered to and that aircraft, engines, appliances and components are being maintained in a safe, airworthy, efficient and economic manner per regulatory and company guidance. The Inspector’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Performs assigned inspection functions in accordance with the Company’s GMM, Manufacturer’s Maintenance Manual Procedures and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations to ensure that the Company aircraft, engines, appliances, and components are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability. Provides quality oversight for all maintenance activities.
* Performs preliminary, in progress, hidden damage and final inspections. Performs Special and Detailed Inspections by the requesting or requiring documents. Performs Required Inspection Item (RII) and Buy Back inspections.
* Performs Material Inspections of incoming aircraft components to ensure the use of legal, conforming and applicable parts and materials.
* Conducts surveillance and sampling of work performed, maintenance practices and processes to ensure maintenance and documentation is accomplished according to the Compass maintenance program. Assures the use of approved data, materials, tools, test equipment and that a high standard of workmanship is present.
* Conducts final review of all maintenance documents and CBTS records prior to records archival for completion, correctness, use of appropriate references to approved data. Identify and log errors into the Records Error database and generate Record Error Notices for correction.
* Review aircraft logbooks for pilot reports, deferred maintenance and accomplishment of correct airworthiness release procedures.
* Ensure Compass processes, i.e. Calibrated Tools, Shelf Life Items, quarantine and scrapped parts, in various locations are accomplished in accordance with company manuals.
* As designated and assigned by the Director Quality & Chief Inspector, accomplish safety and housekeeping checks of hangar and line work areas.
* Assist the Director Quality & Chief Inspector in the on-site acceptance checks of additional aircraft to be added to the company’s Ops Specs.
* Provide guidance and assistance to maintenance personnel in order to train, maintain and enhance compliance to programs, policies, and procedures.
* Performs as a “Designated Instructor” in areas and/ or subjects as qualified and approved by the Manager, Maintenance Training and the Director Quality & Chief Inspector.
* Other duties as assigned.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please select the “Apply for this position” button below. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.