8 months ago
Performs inspection duties to insure that incoming parts, in-process production and shipped product fulfill all SNC quality requirements.
Required (Must Have)
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Quality Assurance Inspector II with 2-5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
* 2- 5 years mechanical inspection background with ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.)
* As required by site, knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of higher precision measuring or Non-Destructive Evaluation equipment.
* Minimum (2) years’ experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques.
* Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
* Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with MS Excel and Word.
Preferred (Nice to have)
* Knowledge and ability to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
* Must have current or previous security clearance
* Finished goods inspection experience
* Cost Point Experience
* Basic understanding of material flow in operations
* Experience drafting work instructions & SOP’s
* 2-5 years’ experience in aviation (military or commercial industry)
* FAA Airframe & Power plant (A&P) License or equivalent certification (FCC Radio-Telephone Operator, etc.)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Inspect and file/record incoming part history records.
* Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per Inspection Plans, drawings and other specification requirements.
* Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
* Initiate nonconformance reports (NC and NCMRs) as required
* Ensure calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment is up to date prior to conducting inspection operations.
* Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
* Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions.
* Communicate with project engineers to ensure compliance with the final product requirements.
* Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs
* Participates in in-process and final inspection as needed.
* Trains collateral duty Inspectors
* Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
* Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
* As needed, assist Quality Engineers with conduct of First Article, in-process, and final inspections
* Train contract / temporary employees in the inspection procedures.
* Assembly inspections (including power plant, materials, parts and subassemblies) which consist of, but are not limited to, workmanship and conformance to drawings and/or process instructions; and ensuring all related paperwork is completed
* Perform assigned inspection functions in accordance with SNC and manufacturer's inspection procedures to ensure that aircraft are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability for all scheduled operations
* Ensure that all inspections are performed as required of all scheduled maintenance, aircraft modifications or component changes to ensure that approved equipment and materials are being utilized and high standards of workmanship are being attained
* Record all discrepancies found on non-routine work cards or as otherwise specified in various sections of the aircraft maintenance manual
* Monitor all inspections record forms which are utilized in checks to ensure proper completion of all entries
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.